Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Dwight Howard said to be upset with Vince Carter deal [Steve Kyler]

quote:
Word is Dwight Howard was not as pleased with this move as you might think. Sources say he is concerned that the addition of Vince is going to further reduce his offensive touches and the move sent out Howard's close friend Courtney Lee. Throw in the notion that Hedo Turkoglu likely does not re-sign and two pieces Howard was very close too are replaced. The Magic may have upgraded talent wise but that chemistry the team often comments on may never be the same.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13107

quote:
Word is Dwight Howard was not as pleased with this move as you might think. Sources say he is concerned that the addition of Vince is going to further reduce his offensive touches and the move sent out Howard's close friend Courtney Lee. Throw in the notion that Hedo Turkoglu likely does not re-sign and two pieces Howard was very close too are replaced. The Magic may have upgraded talent wise but that chemistry the team often comments on may never be the same.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13107

If Dwight wants to win as bad as everybody says he would love this trade, I mean he should just be loving the fact that the Vince Dwight pick and roll is virtually unstoppable. I dont believe this article one bit, its not like Lee and Hedo passed away. There are such things as CELL PHONES to stay in touch.

Of course he is upset. He is friends with Hedo and Courtney. But this is business and I am quite sure he will be fine.

LOL @ Dwight thinking VC will be a bigger ballhog than Hedo "Dribble around for 20 seconds than fadeaway" Turkoglu. VC has historically made every big man he's played with look like Karl Malone, including Mikki Moore.

And like I said before, the fans pay his salary, we want a championship, if he wants to goof off and play with his friends he can over the summer. Be a professional. Grow up. This organization is trying to win and build to keep you around and winning. This is a business, people get traded.

This pisses me off.

quote:
Originally posted by DanzigMagic:

You don't think they would have talked to the #1 player before making a trade like this? I would hope so.

Exactly. Plus Dwight is smart.

It's either lose Turk and be SOL, or make a trade for Vince. I mean he has to understand you have to give alittle to get alittle...and in this case....alot.