Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Insider Scoop Regarding Turk and Portland

Received a call from Junkie who is not currently around a computer to post this information. From a VERY good source in Portland, Turk is currently only 4th on Portland's free agency board.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Received a call from Junkie who is not currently around a computer to post this information. From a VERY good source in Portland, Turk is currently only 4th on Portland's free agency board.

That would kind of coincide with JD's report that Sacto and Toronto are the only 2 teams that are legitimate threats to throw some cash Hedo's way.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

That would kind of coincide with JD's report that Sacto and Toronto are the only 2 teams that are legitimate threats to throw some cash Hedo's way.

Toronto makes a lot more sense than Sacramento does. If the Raptors added Turk they would make the playoffs and could even make some noise if they got the right matchup. The Kings are going to stink regardless. It makes more sense for them to stink and NOT pay Turk.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Toronto makes a lot more sense than Sacramento does. If the Raptors added Turk they would make the playoffs and could even make some noise if they got the right matchup. The Kings are going to stink regardless. It makes more sense for them to stink and NOT pay Turk.

Though I see your logic here there are always teams who are like you know what I am going to throw a bunch of money at someone even though he will not make us remotely better.

I.E. Maggette, Corey

Good info. The inside angle from this community is one of the reasons I read here.

The interesting part about Portland is that I believe they only have 8mil to use on free agents, so are they saying that at that price Hedo is only the fourth best option our there or are they being pragmatic because they know he's worth more? Also, a S&T with Portland does not interest me.

The Magic will offer Hedo 9 mill, he will counter with 10 and we will probably get him for around 9.5. No one else is going to pony up that kind of cash most likely.

Portland is #1 on the list, and they have other guys they can pursue as stated in this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic will offer Hedo 9 mill, he will counter with 10 and we will probably get him for around 9.5. No one else is going to pony up that kind of cash most likely.

Portland is #1 on the list, and they have other guys they can pursue as stated in this thread.

I disagree. I don't think Otis will make Hedo an offer immediately. I think he will see what offers Hedo gets in FA, then make him an offer slightly below. Say, if Hedo gets an offer for 9/year, Otis will offer 8 to start. He has already said (****, I always say to ignore any and everything Otis says to the media and here I am quoting him for my argument, you know what, never mind, I give up).

More info ... Portland has some very big names at the top of their wish list and might be willing to trade Aldridge to acquire one of them. Unfortunately, have no names.

quote:

More info ... Portland has some very big names at the top of their wish list and might be willing to trade Aldridge to acquire one of them. Unfortunately, have no names.

I call bullspits.