Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Brian Hill's job is in jeopardy! This is legit guys!! From the Sentinel just now!!!

Those are character flaws that aren't going to change if Hill is retained. He was unflexable with the roster and the offense this year and he will continue to be next year if given the chance. There is nothing in Hill's history that would suggest he would have done anything differently. In fact, if the Magic were to start the regular season all over again his starting lineup would be exactly the same.

Can anyone actually picture Hill running a uptempo offense? There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

This is gonna change my whole Magic experience. Instead of screaming at BHill about his bonehead moves, or lack of moves at all, I will be able to return to screaming at the other team.

Every time someone would turn the ball over in some bonehead way, I would shout to Bhill: "That is YOUR fault, Hill. Your best passer is in a suit, and best shooter is on the bench."

And I won't have to look at him throwing a tantrum because his players make a mistake running a telegraphed play.

We have to pull the trigger on this. I, for one, think we would have won at least 10 more games this year, if almost anyone else were coaching the team.

But Dwight, listen up. The other night Dirk was 14 for 14 from the line. You need to fix the free throw problem. If you do, you will be unstopable.

I just got back from the Caribbean..... I like what I see here. Missed game 4... How was it? Also... is Randy Moss on the Patriots now? WTF.

LOL, its been an eventful couple of days. I'd give it up for a couple of days in the Carribean in a heartbeat. I loved it there.

Game 4 was our best chance to steal a game. We were up by 5 points (I think) with 3 minutes left and we let it get away. Dwight had a monster game and Darko had another good one. I was as satisfied with the game as I could be after watching the Magic getting swept.

The Brian Hill situation isn't official yet. According to the front office Hill's position is being "evaluated". I don't see how he can be retained after the media circus that has been sparked.

I hate the Patriots but they will be an exciting team to watch next year. Moss isn't the typical Bellicek type of player so it will be interesting to see if it works. If it does they will be close to impossible to beat.

I was just watching Pardon the Interruption on ESPN and they were talking about the Magic and Brian Hill.

The white guy(can't remember his name) said he didn't think Brian Hill should be let go. He said they made the playoffs with a very young team.

BHill is just not the right coach.

I can see it now. Tom Sterner...New head coach of the Magic.

If we really are serious about competing, we need Adelman or Iavaroni. They'll utilize this team to their strengths with no problems.

Provided one of the bigger name coaches is not available the Magic could do alot worse than the coach that developed Wade in his first season. That team actually overachieved in Miami. with young players and no Shaq. Stan Van Gundy did an incredible job and looks like he is willing to jump back into the Coaching business.

There is no other way to clean up this mess but to fire Brian Hill. Can you imagine ownership/management giving him another chance??? For Christ sake they told him directly to play JJ (John Denton) and he refused. Otis drafted JJ for Dwight and every night Dwight is getting the crap beat out of him down low because no one can spread the floor.

I am sure in Hill's mind felt we would lose with JJ on the floor, but guess what he did a damm good job losing with JJ on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Denton then said in his opinion he thinks Hill will be back however management will demand that he changes his ways.

Oh my, Bob VandrWeide is playing the no pay card if you don't follow orders.

You cannot have serious discussions with another coach until this is resolved. If I am Brian Hill's attorney I instruct him to agree to coach as instructed and meanwhile negotiate a buyout making few concessions. This could take some time.