Sign in to follow this  
lemonice1

I can't believe no one is complaining about Kobe grabbing Lee

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

This game was not decided by officiating.

Having said that, why is it that Trevor Ariza is able to mug folks on every possession, yet none of the other 9 players on the floor are allowed to do so? Everyone else was getting touch fouls called on them, yet he plowed through player after player, and nobody seemed to care. Fascinating.

I mentioned this to someone as well. Ariza was basically mugging Hedo the entire 4th quarter and then Hedo gives him a little move and then Ariza back pedals like he slipped on a banana peel and gets the charge call. Even the announcers had a hard time justifying that one and typically they try to defend the refs on both ends.

Overall it did not matter in the final outcome but I found the Ariza thing curious as well.

quote:

Having said that, why is it that Trevor Ariza is able to mug folks on every possession, yet none of the other 9 players on the floor are allowed to do so? Everyone else was getting touch fouls called on them, yet he plowed through player after player, and nobody seemed to care. Fascinating.

When Ariza reaches for steal he puts hes hand out makes contact with his arm. Same as when the bigs defend Howard, they put their hands straight up but make contact with their arms. Almost as if this is their defensive strategy.

quote:

Yep, we had our chances.

20 turnovers will typically derail any chances of winning a ball game.

I really don't think there is anything to complain about. The officiating was pretty fair from my perspective. Lee had a good look and he missed it. We should except it and move on.

Ya know, after watching it, you're right, Kobe does delay Courtney a fraction of a second. Normally I don't think this matters, but if you watch the video, Hedo throws the ball right when Courtney reaches that screen, and the delay comes after that. Couple that with Rashard saying in the post-game "I don't know if he got his steps messed up or what" and that tells me this play is finely tuned, and the minor delay caused by Kobe bumping Courtney set everything off balance.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Ya know, after watching it, you're right, Kobe does delay Courtney a fraction of a second. Normally I don't think this matters, but if you watch the video, Hedo throws the ball right when Courtney reaches that screen, and the delay comes after that. Couple that with Rashard saying in the post-game "I don't know if he got his steps messed up or what" and that tells me this play is finely tuned, and the minor delay caused by Kobe bumping Courtney set everything off balance.

I keep looking at it and he definitely changed Courtney's trajectory. Looks like Courtney was headed towards the paint which may have resulted in a dunk. After the hold you can see Courtney re-calibrate further out than he should have been.

It's crying over spilled milk unfortunately. Courtney shouldn't feel bad as he tried his best to get it down. Time to get ready for Game 3!! Let's do this!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

It was bad. But it's not like we got screwed any harder than we usually do.

+1

Also, this kind of fouls are rarely called.

The call (or no call) that makes me mad was at the 27 seconds mark in overtime, with Fisher clearly travel before passing the ball to Odom, heading him on the FT line instead of a well deserved TO.

One thing that has been obvious to me in these playoffs...The Magic attempt to intentionally draw fouls less than any other team & make absolutely no effort to sell fouls outside of Hedo.

Dwight would probably send half the arena in the air if he pump faked. Paul Pierce and Reggie Miller probably cry when they watch how many airborn defenders Magic shooters let off the hook.

I just wonder how refs who take an ounce of pride in their job can continue reward panzies who fool/bait them into calls over & over & over...

If I was the ref who saw Kobe lay on the floor rubbing his azz for 30 secs after he was fouled by air...I'd never give him another whistle that wasn't blatantly obvious.

If I saw Pau Gasol leap forward on a rebound like he was shoved when nobody touched him...he'd become fair game under the basket.

The reason nobody is talking about this is because Courtney Lee isn't a beaotch who cry's about every ounce of contact on the floor he doesn't benefit from...

Bill Simmons complained in his ESPN column today.

The funny thing is, ESPN and NBA keep showing the replay of Gasol touching the rim and saying this is a good no call. They don't once replay or mention Kobe's hold.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

It was bad. But it's not like we got screwed any harder than we usually do.

+1

Also, this kind of fouls are rarely called.

The call (or no call) that makes me mad was at the 27 seconds mark in overtime, with Fisher clearly travel before passing the ball to Odom, heading him on the FT line instead of a well deserved TO.

Fisher dribbled the ball once, on tv u cant see it cuz his body is covering the ball, but its obvious he dribbled. (when he pass, he passed with 1 hand not 2 hand)