Sign in to follow this  
NBAMagic47

Activating Jameer "COST" the Magic this series

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

I don't know what richnba is reading. Noone is blaming Jameer,

The title of the thread is "Activating Jameer 'COST' the Magic this series".

Listen Drunk Boy, Go have another Beer, Don't give me any trash talk, I stated a comment that pertains to the thread, I believe that Meer was not ready to come back, and he sould not have played, he cost us a few games and it was due to the rythmn of the players when he was in,

He didn't have the same rythmn as the other players at Playoff potential,

I think who ever made the discission to put jameer in was wrong. He is a great player but was not conditioned for Playoff game play.

Now go drink yourself to death, & have a shot on me!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

And it's not his fault, I dont blame meer, I blame the guys who activated!!!

you got it?

quote:

quote:

Your right, I said this the day he said he wanted to play on NBA tv and i was right. I don't blame Nelson for playing horrible, I expected it. To expect this guy to come in and have an impact was absurd. I feel bad for AJ because he had huge games for us in the playoffs and he deserved to play and was better for this team. The funny thing is all they guys who said I was dumb and blah blah now don't even look in the jameer threads because they know I will bring it up. This board is full of guys who attack people for their thoughts and never come back and acknowledge that they were absolutely wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

And it's not his fault, I dont blame meer, I blame the guys who activated!!!

you got it?

quote:

quote:

I'm not blaming Jameer, did you read my post "I'm soory but Jameer was not ready for the Playoffs." Who ever put him in was wrong to think he was ready for the up tempo of the Playoffs after being out for so long.

It did mess with the rythmn of the rest of the guys, even the announcers were saying it, he was in the 4th quarter way toooo long.

It's not his fault, and I know it.

I think Meer is an awesome Player he is just not ready for the Playoffs

From the Sentinel:

quote:
Bizarre point-guard saga helps doom Magic

Jameer Nelson hadn't played for four months before returning to play in the Finals, so naturally the play of the game Thursday --- perhaps the play of the Magic's title run --- came down to Nelson.

Lakers guard Derek Fisher drilled a 3-point shot over Nelson to send the game into overtime. And instead of the Magic holding on to Game 4 and squaring the Finals at 2-2, L.A. won in OT and can wrap up its 15th title on Sunday.

Coach Stan Van Gundy said he made the decision to bring back Nelson from the injured list for the series, and continued to stick with Nelson in crunch-time in Orlando's biggest game of the season.

And the theme of the Nelson experiment continued: It probably should have remainined in the lab.

To read the rest go here:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...lps-doom-magic-.html

as a la fan. i was wondering why alston got the shaft during the 4th/ot

i am not really in the mood to read dozens of postsicon_smile.gif

but in all seriousness, i think nelson is one hell of a talent! has a great future ahead of him. but this series is mired by the pt and attitude resulting attitude problems from alston.

lol, yes Meer cost us the series he single handley came into the game and destroyed the gaemplan, he has doen nothing right. My god get over yourselves.

It is amazing what losing can do to people, Meer is so obviously the scapegoat right now its not even funny. Yes we have lost two tough games one blowout lets blame it all meer, its his fault.

AJ would of done better? And what in god's name do we have to base this on? It is easy to say AJ would of done better, but judging by the 100 or so other games this year, I will storngly disagree on that point.

And also if Rafer from the streets of NY cant take not playing and his ego is hurt. Poor guy, get over it, he is a baller first and foremost and if his "ego" is shaken, and he doesnt come to play hard in game 5, there is no place for him on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I'd say turnovers and missed free throws cost us this game more than Jameer "not being aggressive"

Nelson didn't miss any FTs (none attempted) and turned the ball over once. Dwight missed 8 free throws and had 7 turnovers.

I agree 100%

All I was stating was that Jameer was not game worthy,and not up to par for the Playoffs, he had too much time off, Now Next year at this time he will be his amazing self.

When you have guys playing a certain way and you throw a wrench in the motor it causes what? and I think that happened in a few cases, Obviously not the whole game because everyone is to blame. Your right on that!

The loss can't be put on any individual, just like wins can't be put on any individual. The team as a whole lost this game, and for that very reason I expect this TEAM to force a game 7.

No matter who is your favorite PG or who was an allstar,does anyone here think, Stan's decision was rational? Why didn't he discipline Howard when he went public to bash his decisions? Skip has been true leader of this team getting every one more involved in its success. That will be the most important factor in the final result of this series and not the individual performance of any specific player.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

lol, yes Meer cost us the series he single handley came into the game and destroyed the gaemplan, he has doen nothing right. My god get over yourselves.

It is amazing what losing can do to people, Meer is so obviously the scapegoat right now its not even funny. Yes we have lost two tough games one blowout lets blame it all meer, its his fault.

AJ would of done better? And what in god's name do we have to base this on? It is easy to say AJ would of done better, but judging by the 100 or so other games this year, I will storngly disagree on that point.

And also if Rafer from the streets of NY cant take not playing and his ego is hurt. Poor guy, get over it, he is a baller first and foremost and if his "ego" is shaken, and he doesnt come to play hard in game 5, there is no place for him on this team.

Definitely, the blame is on SVG not only for activating Jameer but not using the rotation wisely. He put the guy for the whole second quarter in the first game and we know what happened. Then, he does not learn from his own mistakes and keep the guy on the floor for the whole 4th quarter and OT at the most critical game of the season. Saying " He was not playing well but he also was not hurting us" is pure PATHETIC. He hurt us and hurt us very badly. No offense, no defense, can not run the floor, can not pass the ball, all he did was to take the ball to the halfcourt and hand it to Hedo.

I have to admit, Jameer looks alot better in a suit, then he does in a uniform.

I knew this was a bad move from the jump. I believe most of his teammate thought it was too.

Jameer let his emotion get the best of him. He started to feel like he wasn't part of the team success.

I don't know if this has been brought up already because I didn't feel like reading through 188 posts, but before Jameer ever played, everyone was excited about the prospect of him returning. Round after Round the threads were "Jameer's coming back for this series!!" with much excitment. Now that he is back and not doing great, everyone is questioning SVG about the move. You can't blame SVG. No one, including everyone in this forum could have predicted how this would turn out.

... the difference is that only SVG will get the blame for it. I'm guessing that all of you would have done the same and activated him had you had the chance. He was an All-star this year, he is another weapon on your team. You are going to the finals ... wouldn't you want to use everything you have since an opportunity like this doesn't come around that often. Furthermore, if everyone knew Jameer could play and he was never activated and they still lost this series, the "We would have won if they activated Jameer because we beat the Lakers twice with him in the line-up" threads would be non-stop.

dmned if you do, dmned if you don't.

Jameer Nelson is not as great as you guys make him out to be. His passing is still horrible, and he is basically useless when he is not shooting.

Would we have activated Jameer?

We would have!

However, we would not have made him play any longer than 10 min per game and only come to relief the man who got us there which was Rafer. Stan should get his head off for all of these losses period.