Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 4 - Game 1: NBA Finals Game Thread Magic @ Lakers 6/4 9:00 P.M.

I predict an entertaining game that will hopefully go into the bank as a victory for the Magic men.

As for my sig since so many of you like it I think the poster "KLR" had it a long time ago and I just remembered it and found it on the interwebs again. I cannot do anything of that nature unless it involves MS Paint!

By the way what time do you need to get into the chat like 5??

OK well I am not going to start a thread with this, but both guys on first take just picked the Magic to win it all...both Rob & Skip picked the Magic. Both said that the Lakers will not be able to handle the pressure of being the overwhelming favorite and the pressure of history with Phil's 10th and Kobe's first without Shaq.

In my dream, Yoda-Jesus, on Dwight's back, looked me in the eyes and said: "We've got this, bro."

Which I thought was weird that Yoda-Jesus was using teenage colloquialisms, but I stand by what I foresaw.

Yoda-Jesus-Dwight's-Back-Pack - New Mop

Kobe's-Will-Is-Stronger-Than-Your-Will - Old Broom.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

In my dream, Yoda-Jesus, on Dwight's back, looked me in the eyes and said: "We've got this, bro."

Which I thought was weird that Yoda-Jesus was using teenage colloquialisms, but I stand by what I foresaw.

Now THAT is a true prophecy.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Because Yoda's cool like dat.

My Series Breakdown:

1. Orl

2. LAL

--

3. Orl

4. LAL

5. Orl

(4 and 5 could switch, I need to see how the first 3 games play out)

--

6. LAL

7. Orl

Magic in 7, especially with Jameer most likely getting some minutes in this series now. I think he'll be a big time X-Factor that comes through in a game or two of this series. So with that in mind...

{X-Factors}

For the Lakers to me doesn't it have to be Lamar Odom, especially in Game 1? I expect Kobe and Gasol to play well, but who in the world knows about L.O.?? More so than his scoring, they're gonna need him to crash the boards. Or to be more specific, to WANT to crash the boards.

For the Magic, all eyez on... Rafer Alston. What, you expected me to say someone else?

1. Skip is going to get the most point guard minutes for the Magic.

2. Derek Fisher is going to get the most point guard minutes for the Lakers.

3. They might as well call him "Erik Fisher," because the guy has no D anymore.

Skip needs to ABUSE Fisher like.. well, every PG in the West did, basically. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, even Aaron Brooks, for goodness' sake. The only reason Billups didn't do it is because his game is based on strength, not speed. So Skip can get by Fisher, for sure. Now can he finish at the basket or throw more lobs to Dwight than usual..? We'll see.

To the game. Much like Cleveland, I expect a split in these first two games. Er, somehow. But I think there's MORE of a chance to catch the Lakers off a long layoff.

Can we be honest? Mentally, they're Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, and 11 Hedo Turkoglus. I mean let's just be honest here. When they bother to show up, they're among the scariest teams of the decade. When they don't show up.. ehh. They're like Dallas, basically. Good, but entirely beatable.

Most of this series will be about the Magic. But tonight it's about which Lakers team bothers to show up (or not) in support of Kobe.

I think the Lakers will show up. Just at halftime, after it's just a hair too late.

Orlando 111

Los Angeles 106

(in Overtime)

Let's beat LA in their own home. Show no mercy tonight boys. Let's show the world what Magic basketball is all about!

Can the predictions get any more pathetic? On the drive south today listened to ESPN Radio and Fox sports. Everybody and their brothers have an opinion and it doesn't favor the Magic. I think they even interviewed the janitor. I hope the Dwight and Magic cream those Lakers and shut these naysayers up once and for all.

I was speeding to get home and was doing almost 88 and I saw CHP lights off in the distance like they're spotting for speeders so I thought I was screwed as I got closer trying to slow down they were off to the side, I already had my reason for speeding:

"To get home so I don't miss the MAgic whoop on the Lakers"

But they weren't even inside there car they were walking around. GOOD VIBES FOR TONIGHT!!!