Sign in to follow this  
michael_perez

Based on this series, did you lost/gain respect to Lebron?

Gained respect for his play, but have lost any ounce of respect I had for his so called 'team'

No one on that roster would make the rotation for us.

Mo Will who's their next best player would be the 3rd PG for us.

But yeah, LBJ is kocky as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Lost all respect. I knew he was a game changer, so what he's done on the court hasn't swayed me either way. The media magnifying their woody for him, lost respect. The refs giving him every call, and when he doesn't get one he yells at them as if to say, "Do your job!", lost respect. The constant whining, lost respect. The flops he's taken here and there, lost respect. After all of that, yeah, there's not much left.

same

i lost respect for him... this is the first time i have watched him extensively, and hes nothing like hes hyped to be

skip bayless was right about him, all he does is freight train down the lane and get fouls called

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

Gained respect for his basketball skills. I'm sorry, this guy is ridiculous. SINGLE-HANDEDLY taking over games for his team.

Lost respect for the refs. And he almost expects it. He lost respect for me there.

He is disgusting though... We will still win though

Considering he has been allowed to travel by the refs almost every time he has the ball that tells me that he isn't as great as some people think.

He's a great football player that is allowed to break basketball rules in order to sell tickets.

lost respect

If you watch the slow mo of dwights block of his 3 ( I know we all have ) he lets the shot go and his arms are doing their normal follow thru. But as soon as he realized it was blocked his arms basically flopped lol. He couldnt just get his $hit blocked fair and square he had to embellish it. No i may be wrong so correct me if i am but i dont seem to remember jordan doing anything crazy with his arms to get a call.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

Gained respect for his basketball skills. I'm sorry, this guy is ridiculous. SINGLE-HANDEDLY taking over games for his team.

Lost respect for the refs. And he almost expects it. He lost respect for me there.

He is disgusting though... We will still win though

Considering he has been allowed to travel by the refs almost every time he has the ball that tells me that he isn't as great as some people think.

Exactly. Given what he's allowed to get away with kinda puts his numbers in perspective. Then they have the nerve to draw comparisons to HOFers.

The travels, forearms, hooks, etc that go uncalled makes it near impossible to guard him. Then, when you're forced to give him space, he nails an uncontested jumper.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

Gained respect for his play, but have lost any ounce of respect I had for his so called 'team'

No one on that roster would make the rotation for us.

Mo Will who's their next best player would be the 3rd PG for us.

But yeah, LBJ is kocky as hell.

To be fair, Mo would be a second string PG for us behind Jameer. I love the way Rafer has played for us, but I'd feel more comfortable with Mo that him.

As for LBJ, that guy is freakin' good. I've gained respect for his game, he is freakin' good. I knew he could take over games...but I never knew he coule just hit those cluth jump shots, clutch 3's... did not know his shot was that good.

Going with the theme, lost respect for the ref's..anytime he goes to the lane its a foul...stupid

I have all the respect in the world for King James. I used to refuse to call him by his nickname but the man is the beast and has earned it.

The NBA and what they are allowing in the playoffs (in general), and this series (mainly), is a different story. I am the absolute last person out there to blame the refs for anything. I feel that basketball is by far the hardest game to cover in sports from the officials view. But things are getting far past asinine in these playoffs. I dont think stern fixes things (with the exception of lakers/kings) but these last couple of games are really starting to make me doubt things.

I thought playoff basketball was about physicality, will, and emotion. But the refs are calling so many crap calls that none of these things can take place anymore. Hell I will say I even feel bad for the cavs, since when the refs call a series of horrendus calls on the Magic's big players, the seem to go back and call several touch fouls on the non important guys of the cavs (see game 3 when we shot 51 freethrows but dwight still fouled out, and rashard got 5 fouls on him)

all in all its an embarrasment to the NBA at a time when they just seemed to finally be getting this league back together again.