Sign in to follow this  
Levation1331

Should JJ Start Against Cleveland?

Some on here don't want to admit that JJ played IMO a great series against Boston. Even Ray Allen gave him some love after the game and in the press conference. His offense wasn't stellar but his defense held its own and was very key in us getting this series win.

This series will be a bit different as Delonte West is a completely different player than Allen and with Lebron in the mix, I would imagine that Courtney would have the edge in this one.

But I dont think JJ should be pigeonholed and not get into the mix at all, he's played well enough and has things on his table that we can use against the Cavs, and they should be able to shine.

Courtney starts this one, but JJ should get 15 min a game anyway. Hes earned it and more than that, hes someone we will need in this run.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

If JJ is in the starting lineup vs. Cleveland, SVG needs his head examined. If he's still playing more than Lee & Pietrus, SVG should be checked into a mental institution.

serious

any of the arguements for starting him against boston go out the window in this one

No....No...and then No!!! I agree that Boston missed the opportunity to take full advantage of this (Ray Allen) matchup, unlike what Cleveland would do.

Two entirely diffrent sets of dynamics at that position here, besides I feel better with JJ chasing Gibson than West.

The truth is Lee didn't play that well against Boston. He looked just as lost as JJ at times. But both played okay. I think SVG will start JJ just b/c he doesn't want to mix up what is working.

In the 3 games during the regular season against cavs JJ played a total of 8minutes that all came in the 3rd game which was a blowout so i dont see JJ playing too much in this series, maybe 10 min a game? but Clee and MP definately should be the two playing alot

do you really think boston is so stupid as to not try and abuse jj? they have some of the highest paid coaches,owners, etc. must be another reason, what do you think it is? i believe svg will start lee in cleveland and use jj against cleveland's secound unit. lee will likely guard the james at times. it's all about what's best for the magic, right bj. i know that's always your main concern. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

The truth is Lee didn't play that well against Boston. He looked just as lost as JJ at times. But both played okay. I think SVG will start JJ just b/c he doesn't want to mix up what is working.

*** are you talking about? He blanket Eddie House that put up like 30 points before he returned. Lee is the reason why we were able to shut House Down.. What is wrong with some people 0_-

I believe that we should stick to the starting lineup that was used against Boston. Because Lee and Pietrus coming off the bench gives us a really deep bench. Lee can do a lot of stuff that JJ can't and I believe that his play will be key in this series vs. Cavaliers

i think we should stick with what beat the Cavs the last 3 years =p Lebron will go to Redick alot if he starts. I know Hedo will be on James but James can put people to the glass fast if Turk is trying to get back on defense. You have to defend against the cavs to beat there Mojo