Sign in to follow this  
EvilGeniusTD

Magic fan wants an apology

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

I think its a non issue. I don't think Big Baby wanted to hurt the kid or anything of sorts and the hit is being vastly exaggerated, Davis barely got him. There are certain risk that go with buying court side seats tickets, especially if you are standing up on the

sideline.

Trying to use logic to defend him? Well I'm going the opposite direction. I am a highschooler who works at a bowling alley. There are a lot of different people who go there and my job depends on the customers, both young and old, enjoying themselves and the experiance. As an employee and an adult, it is my responsiblity to be careful about how I act at work and if I happen to trip over young children, it is my job to apologize and make sure that their okay. The same standards should be kept for NBA atheletes, no matter how fat. Big Baby Davis tripped over a customer of the NBA and he should apologize as a professional

Thanks, agree.

It sure doesn't look intentional, but Davis pushed the kid and it bothered him, so he should just apologize and show good will towards a customer. I would do it in a second. It's not like these guys are not millionaires because of customers like that kid and his dad.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

It looked to me like the kid needs to hit the gym, but not while there is an NBA game is being played. If you're not going to pay attention to what's going on, you ought to keep your fat butt in your court side seat.

the gym?

that kid was like 12

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

What if it were Ron Artest that did that?

Suspension. No doubt about it.

You guys are ruthless. Did you not see the Celtics celebrating on your home court? Does that not leave a sour taste in your mouth? Regardless of the fact that the kid was standing courtside does not relinquish the fact that Big Baby rubbed our noses in their win. His shanigans says, "I CAN PUSH YOU AROUND" and you have to stand there and take it. And if I choose to take it out on the fans then I can do that too. You're saying this is acceptable behavior on your home court?

I'll bet you guys were playground bullies too. This kid did not ask for this. Say what you will... wrong place, wrong time. Despite this, the kid is 200 pounds smaller than that scum of the earth Davis. This tape would have found its way on YouTube no matter what. I think the father had no choice but to bring it to the NBA's attention. I lost a lot of respect for Michael Wilbon for taking this out on the kid. To publically call out a kid being fat was uncalled for and who cares how much the seats cost. The oversized moron would have done the same thing if the seats were $10. No wonder ESPN gets stuck broadcasting the wonderful world of Poker.

Just a few days earlier, you guys were whining because of a few rowdy Celtics fans in the stands. Davis rubs your nose in it on primetime TV and you're OK with it. Get some Magic Pride!

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

I think its a non issue. I don't think Big Baby wanted to hurt the kid or anything of sorts and the hit is being vastly exaggerated, Davis barely got him. There are certain risk that go with buying court side seats tickets, especially if you are standing up on the sideline.

It's up on YouTube then you might change that thought that he got barely hit.

quote:
Originally posted by OriginalODB:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by EvilGeniusTD:

Back to the nonsense: Provetti said Davis crossed the line, literally, and embarrassed his son:

"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," he said in a telephone interview. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for your fans' personal safety."

"A raging animal?" Are you kidding me? You're screaming bloody murder about an excited professional athlete accidentally bumping into your son at a sporting event? Oh heavens to Betsy! How embarrassing! Look, his hat fell off! Quick! Quick! Look at his hat hair! Take a picture!

Please.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bl...8vLYF?urn=nba,162606

Just did a little checking on the writer of this piece. He is a Boston fan through and through and his main thing is his blog site.

So it doesn't surprise me that he wrote a smear piece about a Magic fan. Even anyone should say I am sorry besides Davis is this writer Skeets and the poster who thinks that Skeets rocks.

Skeets is from Toronto, I'm pretty sure he is a raptors fan

So go to his site and see who he cheers on, yes that's right he cheers for the Celtics. Hey I don't live in Florida, but I cheer for Orlando Magic. If you can only cheer for the team in your state is what your saying then that's ..........

Typical knee-jerk reactionary type stuff from a mostly-uneducated fanbase. Adding to the difficulty of being a Magic fan is reading some of the sheer idiocy of the blue-and-white "faithful" regarding the Big Baby shove.

You all want so badly to lash out at someone after Davis broke our hearts with an amazing game-winner, so you call Baby names and act as if he maliciously shoved the Kourtside Kid on his way back to celebrate his jumper. He got caught up in the moment, no big deal. Whining about it isn't going to change the outcome of the game and it only portrays our fans as a bunch of sore losers.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Skeets is good people.

Big Baby may be a moron but it isn't because of this. His mistake was jawing with Magic fans after the game. You just can't do that.

I think this Magic fan is an idiot. First off, look how close to the court the kid is standing, maybe a foot away from the court. Plus, the kid isn't even looking, but is instead turned around entirely.

This dad needs to shut up because he is only bringing negative attention on his son and on our fan base.

This.

The actions taken by the dad are ridiculous. All he wants is some attention and a chance at getting a little hand out. I am embarrassed by his (the father's) actions as a fan of this team.

Yes, Big Baby ran into a kid. It would be a big show of professionalism if he were to apologize on his own. Now there is no chance of that. Instead of it being a non-event with the possibility of a decent ending, it is now a ridiculous non-news worthy story in the news because some idiot wanted his 15 seconds to shine. Seriously, if he really wanted an apology, why even talk to the paper? Just write your letter and quietly go about your business.

As you said LOD, Skeets is good people. He runs a lot of articles and blog posts about Orlando throughout the year. If you knew anything about him and what he does with BDL, you would never have bad mouthed him, PEC.

Quite frankly, I could care less if he roots for Boston or not. I still enjoy his blog, and the stories he runs about Orlando.

I sympathize with the guy. He probably paid thousands of dollars for those seats, and a 300 pound rhino shoving my kid who is 100 pounds at most, after a painfull loss where I am still in shock? I would also ask for an apology or something.

Big Baby could have seriously hurt that kid, he just didn't seem to care about anyone at that moment but his own enjoyment. I bet he was running to KG to slap him on his bald head.

This is good for the Magic though, it gives us more evidence to show the other NBA fans how dirty the Celtics players are.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

I sympathize with the guy. He probably paid thousands of dollars for those seats, and a 300 pound rhino shoving my kid who is 100 pounds at most, after a painfull loss where I am still in shock? I would also ask for an apology or something.

Big Baby could have seriously hurt that kid, he just didn't seem to care about anyone at that moment but his own enjoyment. I bet he was running to KG to slap him on his bald head.

This is good for the Magic though, it gives us more evidence to show the other NBA fans how dirty the Celtics players are.

You obviously have not been reading this thread, you're saying the exact same thing everyone else is with the "rhino" bulldozing a little kid. That could have happened to ANYONE courtside by ANYONE on either team.

It's like saying everyone should ask for a handout when a player dives for a ball into the sidelines, it just doesn't make sense, it's what makes sitting courtside so exciting, you're more involved in the game.

Big Baby obviously never even SAW the kid, so everyone needs to stop pissing and moaning and trying to find something to cry about just because we had a rough loss.

Here's a novel thought, maybe if we actually came out to play and had a lead in the first place, we wouldn't be crying about that disgusting tard fat body hitting a clutch shot and reacting to his obvious uncontrolled emotions. And by uncontrolled emotions, I mean yelling towards our bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Typical knee-jerk reactionary type stuff from a mostly-uneducated fanbase. Adding to the difficulty of being a Magic fan is reading some of the sheer idiocy of the blue-and-white "faithful" regarding the Big Baby shove.

You all want so badly to lash out at someone after Davis broke our hearts with an amazing game-winner, so you call Baby names and act as if he maliciously shoved the Kourtside Kid on his way back to celebrate his jumper. He got caught up in the moment, no big deal. Whining about it isn't going to change the outcome of the game and it only portrays our fans as a bunch of sore losers.

Idk who you're talking to, but nobody pretends to change any outcome or "lash out" at anyone, and nobody is saying Davis did it on purpose.

For me this is just common sense. You are a professional player, you don't shove a kid. If you do unintentionally or whatever, you apologize like a professional, especially if he's your CUSTOMER. I think it is simple. If I was his coach I would make him kindly apologize. Nobody is saying he should go to jail or even be suspended for that.

I do agree that the father may have asked for it in private, but seriously, how can he be heard if there's no publicity?

And calling out a kid like that is immature and ruthless in my opinion.

You sit courtside, you expect to be at risk of something falling on you, the same way you don't expect a player to approach you and shove you. I don't see how it is the same.

And yes, I do think Ron would have been looked at the wrong way of he did that.