Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What Magic player does "YOUR" game most mirror?(Fun Thread)

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

There is a decent number of us who have played some bball together. You can't limit these characters to Magic players.

That said, Mr. Acres plays like Spud Webb, LOD like Darko, echo is like Christian Laettner, bhnole would be Robert Parish, NA4P would be Tyrone Lue, davcivic would be... Carlos Arroyo of course, and I'd be Nate Roberson, but taller, but without the ability to jump high.

Nice WP!!...Very interesting...Now I'm gonna put you on the spot...

Whom among this group would you consider the best player...?

quote:

There is a decent number of us who have played some bball together. You can't limit these characters to Magic players.

That said, Mr. Acres plays like Spud Webb, LOD like Darko, echo is like Christian Laettner, bhnole would be Robert Parish, NA4P would be Tyrone Lue, davcivic would be... Carlos Arroyo of course, and I'd be Nate Roberson, but taller, but without the ability to jump high.

Tyrone ****ing Lue?

You just lost a friend.

Probably Keyon Dooling but with better handles.

Of course, with the new baby, I havent been on the court in almost a year now. So I doubt my motor is what it once was. And I'm turning 35 this year. It's all down hill from there.

it depends on what the relative size/level of competition im playing with. when i was younger, in high school and before...i was small, so i learned to play as a guard. so i was a pg through my junior year.

then, for some reason my body decided to start growing(finally) and i ended up being about 6' by my senior year and found myself playing forward. nowadays i am usually the biggest guy on the floor at 6'3" so i usually guard the other teams biggest guy. but if i had my way i would still play the point because i played it for so long, but its akward being my size and playing point when you are one of the bigger guys on the floor at the 'Y'.

to answer which magic player it would have to either be redick or lee. i cant jump real well so i lean away from lee, but i believe i would be a much better defender than redick because i have disproportionately long arms, so i block a lot of shots for my size/jumping ability.

outside of the magic, hinrich.

great thread idea bj.

smack, i relish going to the gym to get some time away from the kiddos...then again, you are probably a much more caring father than I.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:

Tyrone ****ing Lue?

You just lost a friend.

Alright. I take it back. How about Brevin Knight?

I play with the heart of Chris Paul....

The intensity of Kevin Garnett....

I have the jump shot of Ben Gordan....

The size of spudd webb....

I slash like Nash.....

And always look for people like Kidd...

My defense is like Gary Payton....

And I foul like Bill Laimbeer (when the game is on the line)....

I'd say i'm like battie...even though i'm only 5' 11" I'm about 240 and thats some serious solid picks I can set on people then i like to shoot 12 to 18 footers.

When i was younger (about 10 years ago i would have said more like reddick, though obviously i cant shoot as good. I did play for the Air Force Base team at the base i was stationed at.

I used to be a pretty decent outside shooter.

I would have to go with Jameer. I've always the smallest guy on the court, so I would have to use my quickness. There's times like Jameer when I can hit big shot after shot.

Also, opposing players hate guarding me because I constantly move without the ball. Which would also make me similar to Rip Hamilton. It drives me nuts when my teammates don't move around.

People have called me Vlade Divac, LaMarcus Aldrige, Mini D-Howard, and i'm sure there are others but i can't remember them all.