quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

This poll should at least include the fact that we will not be paying Hedo 60 million dollars. I doubt we will even be paying him 50 million dollars. This is Hedo's asking price, and the high end of that asking price to boot!

Also, in fairness, you should lop off the first two years of Lewis's contract with the Magic.

Good second point. To the first point, I disagree and believe Turk will secure a 50+ million contract.

I seriously doubt that Otis will negotiate against himself again. I think that Hedo will give the hometown discount under duress. Otis would rather let Turk walk than to overpay him, especially after what happened with Lewis.

I meant I think he will get 50+ million on the open market this summer

I doubt it. There aren't alot of teams with that kind of money this summer. So that might work in our favor.

IMO I'd trade turk for several young prospects or a younger foward that's locked up for a few years that can get it done on both ends of the floor. Turk is 30 yrs old and is the worst defender that plays major mins heck I'd say he's right up there with cookie on the defensive end. I've seen wally and caron absoultely rap turk! caron 30 in a HALF and wally 13 or 15 in a quater. I know turk does a lot offensivly but come on this guy aint a 60 mil dollar player and I think otis will see that and trade turk in the next 30hrs

if we were going to trade turk, it would be a sign and trade probably. which would mean that he will probably become a UFA one way or another. IF we do trade turk(while his value his high of course), we need to target our needs: PF and backup PG. portland made lamarcus aldridge available for the right piece...although it would be unlikely they would part with him for turk-thats the route i would take. can you imagine aldridge next to dwight? i would S&T turk to portland for aldridge and sergio. that seems like a win win for both teams. mainly because kevin pritchard realizes he wont be able to ink all these young players long term...and portland could use a good clean vet to man things. it seems like a win win for both teams-although we might have to give up a future first to nab lamarcus...although i would do that in a second!

I'm saying yes, but don't think he'll get $60. I'd be happy with $9 to 10 mil a year. With a healthy Jameer and keeping Hedo, we potentially have the best starting lineup in the league.

Don't forget once we get in the new building, that the Magic might go past the luxury tax, since they'll be earning much more money from arena revenues.

Interesting:

quote:
Smith admitted that he did check into the availability of Washington small forward Caron Butler, who is reportedly on the trading block because the woeful Wizards want to slash salary costs. Smith said he was told that Butler, who is making $8.9 million this season and is due $20.2 million the next two seasons, is not going to be traded.

http://www.floridatoday.com/ar...02180326/1002/SPORTS

Thx, Rev Ty

The real deal is cut Rashards contract into what it should REALLY be...then this wouldn't be such a problem. Its to bad he would refuse.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The real deal is cut Rashards contract into what it should REALLY be...then this wouldn't be such a problem. Its to bad he would refuse.

By he, do you mean the CBA?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I wouldn't pay Hedo 40m at this point. He's oscillated this year between putrid and slightly above average on offense and always a liability on defense, and there's nothing about someone who's 30 and slightly above average on one side of the ball and useless on the other that screams 10M A SEASON to me.

When we give Hedo his 5yr/50m deal, should I set you on fire or is that something you can handle on your own? Personally, I'm thinking about jumping into a giant container of acid.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I wouldn't pay Hedo 40m at this point. He's oscillated this year between putrid and slightly above average on offense and always a liability on defense, and there's nothing about someone who's 30 and slightly above average on one side of the ball and useless on the other that screams 10M A SEASON to me.

When we give Hedo his 5yr/50m deal, should I set you on fire or is that something you can handle on your own? Personally, I'm thinking about jumping into a giant container of acid.

I'll be finding the nearest nuclear power plant and jumping head first into a vat of radioactive waste. Either I'll die or I'll get super powers. Either way, I'm a bigger winner than the Magic at that point.