Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

This is from Kyler's Morning Report:

quote:

Beno Udrih's name surfaced this week with the Bee hinting that Dallas, New Orleans or even Orlando might have interest. The belief is Sacramento simply wants to "cash out" Beno's remaining 4-year $30 million plus contract, and wouldn't be looking for a lot in return. League sources say that Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse might be enough for the Kings. The Magic were mentioned due to Jameer Nelson's potential season ending injury. Magic sources labeled the idea "interesting" but pointed to the more than $30 million still owed Beno as the biggest hurdle to a meaningful discussion. Magic GM Otis Smith joked last night, when asked how many phone calls he'd received over the past two day saying "A lot, but none of them good

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Beno Udrih's name surfaced this week with the Bee hinting that Dallas, New Orleans or even Orlando might have interest. The belief is Sacramento simply wants to "cash out" Beno's remaining 4-year $30 million plus contract, and wouldn't be looking for a lot in return. League sources say that Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse might be enough for the Kings. The Magic were mentioned due to Jameer Nelson's potential season ending injury. Magic sources labeled the idea "interesting" but pointed to the more than $30 million still owed Beno as the biggest hurdle to a meaningful discussion. Magic GM Otis Smith joked last night, when asked how many phone calls he'd received over the past two day saying "A lot, but none of them good

• Downvote 1

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

quote:

Professor Hollinger on Sessions:

quote:

Scouting report: As if it weren't obvious from the assist totals, Sessions has outstanding court vision and is a pass-first guy who likes to drive and dish. He's neither a great athlete nor a great shooter, but he rebounds well for his position and made surprisingly few mistakes for a rookie point guard. Defensively, he appears to have the size to guard the position but may be challenged to stay in front of quicker guards.

2008-09 outlook: Sessions starts the year in a three-way competition with Luke Ridnour and Tyronn Lue for the point guard job; while Ridnour appears to have the upper hand for the opening day assignment, there's no way Sessions won't steal the job if he plays the way he did at the end of last season. At worst, he's a capable backup who can get the ball to the right spots, and the upside is that he might turn out to be much, much more.

Get this...he only makes 722,000 and has a PER of 16.40.

You think the Bucks would trade a guy who is playing that well for them so cheaply?

They certainly need a shooting guard...I would say J.J. might do it but I'm not sure J.J. would fit the Scott Skiles mold...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?playerId=3231

quote:

Professor Hollinger on Sessions:

quote:

Scouting report: As if it weren't obvious from the assist totals, Sessions has outstanding court vision and is a pass-first guy who likes to drive and dish. He's neither a great athlete nor a great shooter, but he rebounds well for his position and made surprisingly few mistakes for a rookie point guard. Defensively, he appears to have the size to guard the position but may be challenged to stay in front of quicker guards.

2008-09 outlook: Sessions starts the year in a three-way competition with Luke Ridnour and Tyronn Lue for the point guard job; while Ridnour appears to have the upper hand for the opening day assignment, there's no way Sessions won't steal the job if he plays the way he did at the end of last season. At worst, he's a capable backup who can get the ball to the right spots, and the upside is that he might turn out to be much, much more.

Get this...he only makes 722,000 and has a PER of 16.40.

You think the Bucks would trade a guy who is playing that well for them so cheaply?

They certainly need a shooting guard...I would say J.J. might do it but I'm not sure J.J. would fit the Scott Skiles mold...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?playerId=3231

There's been talks for a while now on the Bucks being willing to move him...remember for Mike Conley? Whether that was all talk or actually had legs to it I don't know, but I've seen in several outlets where Sessions appears to be "available" right now.

I would not be surprised to see Jameer try rehab and coming back as he a competitive person who cares a great deal about his team.

My guess is most of the Doctors are telling him to get the surgery done now to avoid doing more damage.

He has tough decision to make!

Irregardless, I don't see Otis taking on any non-expiring contracts.