My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Torn labrum=done for the season. That said, do you trade Hedo, JJ, Bogans, and Cook to Phoenix for Barnes and Nash? I do!

What the hell would that accomplish?

Well, genius, it would get us a point guard with veteran leadership, an asset for Hedo rather than letting him just walk away at the end of the season, and remove the dead weight of Bogans, Cook, and JJ.

What's your plan?

Dude that is the most idiot thing I have heard. No way we let Hedo WALK. There is going to be NO TEAM willing to overpay for Hedo willing to overpay for Hedo when the summer of LeBron is one year away. GET REAL. That trade would set us back years.

good news is, with the torn labrum, players can typically opt to hold off on surgery and come back relatively soon, depending on the severity and swelling...only issue is, as I said earlier, I think this might be his 2nd torn labrum, which could mean that it's time for surgery, in that event, I think his season would be over...

This really stings. More so than my fanhood I really feel for Jameer as he really turned a corner this year and had taken his game to the next level. He always perseveres so hopefully next year we will see him back better than ever.

britney-spears-crying.jpg

The dream is over....

Seriously, what i'm about to say isn't an overreaction. This team is done without Jameer Nelson. No matter what Otis does. We're done.

He's gonna need surgery either way. Even if it is in the offseason, he'll be rehabbing well into training camp.

As much as I hate to say it, the wisest move may be to get surgery now. His game creates so much physical contact and punishment that he'd injure it again for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

He's gonna need surgery either way. Even if it is in the offseason, he'll be rehabbing well into training camp.

As much as I hate to say it, the wisest move may be to get surgery now. His game creates so much physical contact and punishment that he'd injure it again for sure.

I agree completely. If he needs to be totally healed the surgery is going to come eventually so why not now. Better to have him at 100% next season than 60-75% this year.

Also somewhere in a dark room Hedo's agent is lighting cigars with $100 bills.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Torn labrum=done for the season. That said, do you trade Hedo, JJ, Bogans, and Cook to Phoenix for Barnes and Nash? I do!

What the hell would that accomplish?

Well, genius, it would get us a point guard with veteran leadership, an asset for Hedo rather than letting him just walk away at the end of the season, and remove the dead weight of Bogans, Cook, and JJ.

What's your plan?

Dude that is the most idiot thing I have heard. No way we let Hedo WALK. There is going to be NO TEAM willing to overpay for Hedo willing to overpay for Hedo when the summer of LeBron is one year away. GET REAL. That trade would set us back years.

Getting "real" is coming to the realization that there will indeed be a team willing to sign Hedo at a price that would put the Magic into the luxury tax...something the Magic will absolutely not do. If you think there's no way we'll let Hedo walk, you're an embarrassment to your parents.

Otis is a genius, he knew this was going to happen so he didn't trade any of our assets for a big. Now, we could trade Cook for a stud PG (Paul, Williams, Parker) and we will be A-OK!

See guys, no reason to be sad.