Sign in to follow this  
Aron-Ingi

Magic Nets talking trade..

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Najera is undersized and under-skilled. Boone would be a good trade, especially if we could manage to get Dooling back. (JJ and Cook for Boone and Dooling would be brilliant).

The Nets like Dooling and how well he fits their team. So I really doubt that Dooling gets traded, plus Cook is not worth anything much less 3.5 million for this year and next.

The other trade ideal works so much better.

I like this about Najera:

A hustle player... Good rebounder, especially on the offensive end... Usually a fan favorite... Doesn't try to do too much offensively... Gets some garbage baskets... Can hit the three-pointer now.

Another hustle player is what the Magic need now.

The prospect of having a 37/38 year old Najera isn't appealing, even at 2-3m, but I'd take a 50 year old Najera over Blarity. Is it just me or does Blarity look exponentially worse every time he steps on the court? I think he'd be considered slow and unathletic in the WBNA.

quote:
A hustle player... Good rebounder, especially on the offensive end... Usually a fan favorite... Doesn't try to do too much offensively... Gets some garbage baskets... Can hit the three-pointer now.

Another hustle player is what the Magic need now.

Guess I just feel there's gotta be a better (bigger) PF somewhere in the league. Why would Najera even get on the court? He's not a good defender. Unless Battie gets hurt I wouldn't see a use for him.

And hustle only gets you so far. That's why he''s bounced from team to team. Ask Mark Madsen.

I doubt we get Dooling back Smack. The Nets only have him behind Harris as PG depth, and considering they are thought of as a playoff team, I doubt they trust CDR to be the backup there.

But it doesn't matter anyway, because we have to like the team we have no matter what according to some people.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I doubt we get Dooling back Smack. The Nets only have him behind Harris as PG depth, and considering they are thought of as a playoff team, I doubt they trust CDR to be the backup there.

But it doesn't matter anyway, because we have to like the team we have no matter what according to some people.

you're not believing...don't stop believing

hold onto the feelayeayang

quote:

I doubt we get Dooling back Smack.

I'll admit, throwing Dooling in there only satisfies my own selfish desires. But I swear if we had Dooling on this team, I think we'd be the clear cut favorite to win the championship. He is far and away better than AJ.

On topic, I'd be satisfied with anything that passes for toughness in the froncourt if all it cost us was Bogans.

I HATE the idea of this trade. I want to rid of of Bogans' as much as the next guy..But for Najera? NO! He wouldn't even get off of our bench.. This team needs a banger, ala Bass,Landry,Craig Smith, Hell, even Glenn Davis.. Bogans can fetch us one of those..But will Otis find one?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I doubt we get Dooling back Smack.

I'll admit, throwing Dooling in there only satisfies my own selfish desires. But I swear if we had Dooling on this team, I think we'd be the clear cut favorite to win the championship. He is far and away better than AJ.

On topic, I'd be satisfied with anything that passes for toughness in the froncourt if all it cost us was Bogans.

I agree with both of your statements, and for the most part I really think the focus should be on Boone if anything at all.

Question. When we're talking about adding a banger, is he expected to start? I don't want to mess with our starting 5 too much. I kinda like the idea of trading Cookie and Bogans for Najera and Dooling if at all possible.

Dooling is an upgrade from AJ, especially if Turk is out there to actually run the offense. And while I don't know much about Najera, he HAS to be better than Blarity. So, should this trade go through, even if it doesn't address our frontcourt depth, it DOES strengthen our BACKCOURT nicely, adding another PG, and I'm actually okay with our frontcourt as it is, aside from Blarity.....