Sign in to follow this  
Orl Native

D12 How awesome is my Hand?

I wish KG did that when he swished that fall away 16 footer in Dwights face last night. That was a big shot, not a left handed hook when no ones broken a sweat yet. He will grow up. The hype hurts us, we dont need any respect, dwight cant handle it he thinks he's superman

quote:
Dwight deserves being bashed for that performance last night.

No one who's been playing as well as Dwight has all year deserves to get bashed for one regular season game in January.

And who gives a **** if he wants to look at his hand after making a shot. What are you guys, the personality police? I'm sick of people *****ing about the playful way Dwight acts on and off the court.

Funny this thread pops up after an ugly loss and not after Dwight stomped LA with 25/20.

It's not that we're coming off a loss; it's that Dwight got shut down by Glen Davis. We are a proud team and if opponents are not going to double team Dwight, he needs to score.

By the way: What happened to Dwight's drop step move? I haven't seen him create his own dunk in the block for a while now.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

He only does it when he hits shots with his left...honestly I don't really have a problem with it...it's not like it affects anything

nobody complained about this while we were winning.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

He only does it when he hits shots with his left...honestly I don't really have a problem with it...it's not like it affects anything

nobody complained about this while we were winning.

Okay, it was a little interesting/cute (if you will) when Dwight first started doing it. But as someone else said, it's getting old. Also, if he does it late in the game when we are ahead, maybe it would be okay.

My problem with this Dwight antic is that while he is slowly running back down the court looking at his hand, the other team could fast break or streak back to the other end of the floor, allowing them to score easily. Dwight might not be able to recover to get back in time to defend the paint.

I'm pretty sure that the other teams in the league have watched the hand-watching enough to take advantage of the distraction it perhaps creates.

In my opinion, after Dwight did it early in the 1st quarter of the Celtics game, they (Celtics) may have taken offense to it. Did anyone notice how they swarmed Dwight under the basket with 3 or 4 defenders, and that just messed with Dwight's game the rest of the night.

I'm just saying. . .

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

He plays very sheepishly against 2 players in this league - KG and Rasheed.

KG doesn't ever guard Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

I'm glad someone else noticed this, I brought it up in the game thread and it got no responses.

Dwight is only 23 and already an Allstar, I Hope he still realizes he's got more work to do to become a more complete player. Does anyone else Yell "NO.NO.No" When Dwight takes that little 10 ft Bank shot? I mean what he's like 5-40 on the year shooting this.

He has to take that shot during the game if he ever wants to get better at it. And don't tell me practice is for that because I gaurentee Dwight makes that shot every time on the practice court. He is a professional athelete with, according to everyone close to him, a freakish work ethic. The practice and form is there, no he needs to get comfortable and keep taking it. I'd actually like him to be like forced to take two every game in the first quarter.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

I'm glad someone else noticed this, I brought it up in the game thread and it got no responses.

Dwight is only 23 and already an Allstar, I Hope he still realizes he's got more work to do to become a more complete player. Does anyone else Yell "NO.NO.No" When Dwight takes that little 10 ft Bank shot? I mean what he's like 5-40 on the year shooting this.

He has to take that shot during the game if he ever wants to get better at it. And don't tell me practice is for that because I gaurentee Dwight makes that shot every time on the practice court. He is a professional athelete with, according to everyone close to him, a freakish work ethic. The practice and form is there, no he needs to get comfortable and keep taking it. I'd actually like him to be like forced to take two every game in the first quarter.

I Say no no no everytime i see him go to take it....he is so good at dribbling taking a step or two and putting the ball in the hoop with a layup hook shot or dunk that he should stick to that.

quote:
And don't tell me practice is for that because I gaurentee Dwight makes that shot every time on the practice court.

I have played at RDV with Dwight and he hits threes up and down the court like you wouldn't believe but that doesn't mean he should start taking 3's...don't get me wrong if Dwight develops that shot he would basically be unstoppable BUT until then stick with what works and thats not shooting jump shots.

quote:
Originally posted by Orl Native:

First off I'll start by stating I bleed Blue and Black and love our Magic and our core. I in no way believe that what I'm about to write caused us to lose last night, we came out flat, SVG preparation seemed lacking. And the 4 day break hurt us and its not like we were going to win the rest of them and losing to the Champs is really nothing to be ashamed of, etc. etc.

But with that said can someone tell D12 that looking at his hands in amazement after his shot falls is no longer cute. Please act like you expected it to fall in the first place. When MJ23 did that against Utah in the finals years ago it was because he was raining 3's like never before, not because he made a 8 ft hook shot in the lane. Not only that but I'm pretty sure you antoganized the heck out of Garnett and Pierce with your antics. I know he's only 23 but get a grip dude. We know your awesome, everyone else knows your awesome just go out and get it done.

SVG stick to Basketball please, thx Gator Dad and proud of our 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPS

He just wants to make sure his hand is not on fire. I like it.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:

quote:

I Say no no no everytime i see him go to take it....he is so good at dribbling taking a step or two and putting the ball in the hoop with a layup hook shot or dunk that he should stick to that.

quote:
And don't tell me practice is for that because I gaurentee Dwight makes that shot every time on the practice court.

I have played at RDV with Dwight and he hits threes up and down the court like you wouldn't believe but that doesn't mean he should start taking 3's...don't get me wrong if Dwight develops that shot he would basically be unstoppable BUT until then stick with what works and thats not shooting jump shots.

Amare Stoudomire developed a 15 footer that is oneo f his main weapons now and he had to go through that shooting in games, it was a confidence issue.

Now he has it. If had seen his progression throughout his career you wouldn't be complaining about Dwight shooting the J.

quote:

quote:

PAH...LEASE Dwight doesn't have the touch for it. So what's his excuse for shooting FT's? The man is a complete monster in the Paint but still has work to do facing the basket.