Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Magic vs. Celtics 1/22/09

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Little Country!

Brings a tear to my eye to see that name used.

Here's to hoping I have a prophetic dream tonight.

BTW, nice game thread, nice and professional. This game is business.

Little Country is a quality name that could be a trend nationally someday. When she used it in her game thread, I even assumed for a moment "Hey, Ty didn't just make that up! It must really be his nickname."

Sadly though, the ghost of Bryant "Big Country" Reeves continues on in the NBA... you did remember him, right? Let's just hope Courtney doesn't suddenly gain 100lbs and end up in the news overdosing on Krispy Kremes.

im guessing a good 3rd quarter for the magic.

for the win, either a blowout by the magic or a close win by the celtics.

courtney lee- why little country?

quote:
giggity to pull it out

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

courtney lee- why little country?

i'm glad i'm not the only one wondering

2 hottest teams in the NBA. I believe the 2 best teams in the NBA right now also. Boston is back to form. We are on a 7 game winning streak they are on a 6 game winning streak. This is also a battle for 1st place in the EC. Possible EC final preview, National Champs....could this be any more Epic of a reg season game? I don't think so.

Magic win 91-88.

The x-factor for both teams is a matchup. Whoever gets the best of Jameer v. Rondo should win the game, because both teams feed off of their point guard's success on either end of the floor so often. An amendment though... there is pressure on both benches to bring SOMETHING to the offensive end. In a game like this, each team's starters could use a little help.

In the Kings game, Orlando made an offensive statement. In this game, Orlando makes a defensive statement. The Magic win to set up an epic rubber match in the regular season later on. All ESPN can talk about is the Boston Celtics having "a bad offensive game, for some reason or another." Meanwhile, TNT and NBA TV analyze the game correctly.

Boston 81

Orlando 88

I was thinking about this when I was getting ready for work today.

The Magic bust out with a huge lead, leading by 20 at halftime. Then they hold off a charge where the C's get close to 10, and Jameer puts away the game.

Magic - 105

C's - 88

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

In the Lings game,

Hey! Take your WNBA talk to another forum! This is a MAGIC forum.

As for the game, we win by double digits. I'm thinking, 109-92. They won't know what hit em' until the game is over midway through the 3rd.

This is going to be a close game.

I think on a back to back it sometimes better to be carrying momentum with you plus every team plays them so I do not see the real advantage especially the Miami/Orlando back to back.

The Magic are well rested and based on Jameer's interview with Rome are overwhelmingly confident. I say Jameer gets the best of Rondo but the Celtics get the best of the calls.

Celtics 102 Magic 100

Ray Allen hits a 3 with 10 seconds left and Hedo's leaner rims out at the buzzer.