Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Have we had any Joe Smith links to the Magic? I got one...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

There is no way that joe smith goes to Boston, he hates KG to death apparently...as for us he would be excellent especially during the playoffs but I don't think we have enough to get him in a trade, and if he's bought out I dont think we'll be the team he chooses, it sounds like the Cavs and Smith seem high on each other based on reports, so I am guessing he goes there in a buyout...also we may have lost the pj brown sweepstakes but we won the Adonal Foyle sweepstakes, lol...

Are you sure about that, because KG, Smith, and Sealy (RIP) were all like brothers back in Minn. KG and Smith even got the same tatoo, and everytime they play each other they do some kind of handshake before tip-off. So I doubt that he hate KG.

But as far as us trading for him, not gonna happen. Did you see what they wanted for Kurt Thomas last year? So with that being said, Smith will most likely be brought out, and sign back with the Cavs.

Somewheres a week or two ago i read another article that we weren't interested i think it was hoopsworld ...

but as far as I'm concerned he's not needed for what they want.

We're 24-6 ...Why do we need someone of such alow quality when we have others that can prove to be better and are already on their way.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I spoke to Kyler about this...here was his reponse:

quote:

I have spoken to the Thunder about this... Orlando is in the mix... its

gonna cost them draft picks...

Steve

Would anybody give up draft picks for Joe Smith and or does anybody think Otis will?

Would Smith fit on our team and would he help us and or make the rotation?

I've forgotten his playing style...

I guess the run for Joe is over now, unless we're talking about 2nd rounders. haha

quote:
Originally posted by T-Cat:

We get our 3rd point guard as well as Mr.Smith(plus the expiring contract will come in handy in signing Hedo and Gortat next summer):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...9~19~25~25&te=&cash=

This season and he's gone not worth it. Plus the Magic seem to be playing really well with Gortat as a backup to Dwight.

The Magic still need a backup pg and Wilks is the perfect answer to that problem without messing with the team chemistry.

quote:

quote:

Steve

Would anybody give up draft picks for Joe Smith and or does anybody think Otis will?

Sorry but if you knew the history about this guy named Steve, you would never trust a word he says.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

quote:

Steve

Sorry but if you knew the history about this guy named Steve, you would never trust a word he says.

The same could be said for that "reporter" in Memphis he was one of the "reporters" like HoopsWorld who were saying that JC was going to be traded to the Magic well he was slightly close JC did make it to the Eastern Conference.

All of these insider infor is making ...........the Magic are winning why try to screw up what is working.

Honestly I do not think that Otis is going to screw up this team he is going to just sit back and watch.

The only players he will fool around with in a trade 1. Expiring contract Bogans

2. Wilks contract that won't cost the

other team anything so a win win for a

team looking to make some cap room.

PS The last time I talked to Redick he wasn't feeling depressed he was looking up not the picture some others want y'all to believe.

quote:
Draft picks, plural?

Hell no!

Keep our picks and use them to round out our roster next year.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Draft picks are always a long shot at best. Smith has a nice mid range shot and he gives us nice depth at forward (what if something happens to Battie or Tat? We're in the same position we were last year).

Considering we're going to have the 28'ish pick in the draft It wouldn't be a big price to pay. With this team joining the elite it's time to start collecting talented role playing veterans.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Draft picks, plural?

Hell no!

Keep our picks and use them to round out our roster next year.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Draft picks are always a long shot at best. Smith has a nice mid range shot and he gives us nice depth at forward (what if something happens to Battie or Tat? We're in the same position we were last year).

Considering we're going to have the 28'ish pick in the draft It wouldn't be a big price to pay. With this team joining the elite it's time to start collecting talented role playing veterans.

Considering that the Magic are going to be flirting with the lux tax for a long time trading draft picks make no sense and in this case less considering this is a rental for the rest of the season.

The Magic are doing just fine with Gortat and Battie. Let the Cav's get him or more likely the Celtics.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Steve

The same could be said for that "reporter" in Memphis he was one of the "reporters" like HoopsWorld who were saying that JC was going to be traded to the Magic well he was slightly close JC did make it to the Eastern Conference.

All of these insider infor is making ...........the Magic are winning why try to screw up what is working.

Honestly I do not think that Otis is going to screw up this team he is going to just sit back and watch.

The only players he will fool around with in a trade 1. Expiring contract Bogans

PS The last time I talked to Redick he wasn't feeling depressed he was looking up not the picture some others want y'all to believe.

I can only assume you are referring to my post (as well as my wife's). You talk to JJ now? I don't believe you. Link? Since you are so quick to discount others' inside information, why are we to believe yours?

Second, say what you will, but JJ looked like a guy who just had to shoot his own dog. Could have been a case of a bad night, but I know what I (and my wife, and my brother in law) saw.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Steve

I can only assume you are referring to my post (as well as my wife's). You talk to JJ now? I don't believe you. Link? Since you are so quick to discount others' inside information, why are we to believe yours?

Second, say what you will, but JJ looked like a guy who just had to shoot his own dog. Could have been a case of a bad night, but I know what I (and my wife, and my brother in law) saw.

We have been emailing each other for years and know I won't give you his that is part of our agreement that I don't hand it out.

Know what I don't care what or who you believe, but I know that he is happy in Orlando has a nice girlfriend there and yes he is happy to be with the Magic as well.

And that he truly cares about others and shows it many different ways.