Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

Heeeeeeell No. He made his bed in Pheonix he can stay there.

He thought the grass would be greener, well guess what? Grass doesn't grow in the desert. So shut up, and continue to watch your team slowly collapse on itself like all your teams do.

And another thing, he left this team to go win a title.

..... So if I was a player that was here when he left (Dwight, Jameer, Hedo, Keith, JJ, Battie) I would feel like he didn't think I was good enough to win a title, wouldn't you?

That's got to be bad for chemistry.

I think it's funny that he left thinking Phoenix will be the better team and now look who's better? Remember, this is the guy who couldn't get out of the first round when he was in Detroit. I don't think we need him and I think JJ could help us more (or get us a better player.)

I would do for the following reasons and conditions.

1) JJ's contract is guaranteed next season, trading him would give us a little extra room under the lux tax to retain Hedo.

2) Grant would have to accept the fact he will NOT be a starter unless Hedo or Rashard is injured. He is crying to media now about not starting in Phoenix and would likely continue here.

3) Grant would have to accept the fact that if he decides to play next year it will be for the vets. min., Otis has proved that Grant needs this team more than it needs him.

At 36 Grant needs to set his ego aside for once and put the team first or no deal.

does Grant Hill even have an ego? he accepted bench minutes the moment he got to Phoenix...either way, setting aside all hatred, Grant Hill for JJ straight up? absolutely...Grant Hill is a versatile veteran player, he's a more efficient scorer at 36 than JJ is right now, 10 points and 4 boards off the bench is pretty solid, he still runs the fast break pretty well and he's still a great cutter...it would only strengthen our team IMO...His 3 ball hasnt been as great so far this season as it was last season, I know he worked hard on it all last year, might never develop a consistent 3, but back door layups are still deadly for Hill...

now, how realistic is this idea? well it was posted by BS, I am going to say that there is a -18% chance that it materializes...