Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

quote:

Can Magic Pull Off All-Dukie Trade? J.J. Redick For Grant Hill?

A little more than a year after parting ways, the Magic and Grant Hill would be interested in getting back together.

Neither Hill nor the Magic can say so publicly --- there's that thing called tampering --- but my sources are impeccable on this end.

Hill, who has one home in Orlando and is renovating another, would embrace a reunion despite feeling the Magic didn't try to keep him after his star-crossed seven-year career ended in 2007. He signed a two-year contract with the Phoenix Suns.

The Magic could trade, say, J.J. Redick for Hill in a transaction that might make sense for both sides.

Read on, interesting stuff...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/can-magic-pull.html

quote:

Can Magic Pull Off All-Dukie Trade? J.J. Redick For Grant Hill?

A little more than a year after parting ways, the Magic and Grant Hill would be interested in getting back together.

Neither Hill nor the Magic can say so publicly --- there's that thing called tampering --- but my sources are impeccable on this end.

Hill, who has one home in Orlando and is renovating another, would embrace a reunion despite feeling the Magic didn't try to keep him after his star-crossed seven-year career ended in 2007. He signed a two-year contract with the Phoenix Suns.

The Magic could trade, say, J.J. Redick for Hill in a transaction that might make sense for both sides.

Read on, interesting stuff...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/12/can-magic-pull.html

Wanna come back?

YEAH, well we want our win back!

If there was even a remote chance at him reuniting with the Magic, he should have blown that lay-up, plain and simple.

He could probably still play point forward effectively off the bench with Lee at SG guarding the opposing PG.

Why not, having a dependable veteran off the bench can only help us in the postseason.

This is pretty interesting stuff. But really, we don't need another guard/forward nearly as much as we need a 3rd PG. CLee looks real nice playing off the ball and I don't think we should force him into being a "combo" guard for the sake of PG depth UNLESS it's the only way he gets minutes.

Still, if this deal happened, it wouldn't be a bad thing... I'm just not sure if it fosters continuity for our bench players... once we get Pietrus back Bogans, Battie, CLee, and Gortat seems like a pretty solid bench to me.

On a related bench note, ion the month of December CLee is averaging 9.1 ppg on 57% shooting including 47% from 3-pt land to go with 1.4 assists and 1.4 steals in 22 minutes. He even shoots a good % from the line, going 10-12 so far this month.

Not sure what's up with his rebounding (1.4 rpg), but otherwise his game is coming around nicely.

I would definitely do this. Not only would he be a good locker room presence, mentor for Lee but would be nice to have late in close games. He can also still play point forward some. I would be really excited if he came back.

Yes. Bring him back.

Bogans is our back-up SF right now, so this would be a huge upgrade. He shoots threes now too.

And he can still run the fast break as good as ever.

Who are we giving up? A fourth string SG?

Do it Otis.

He still sucks at threes. He's gone up from not being able to make any, to being able to make them every once in a while.

Would he really fit in SVG's system? I'd take him for Cook, maybe Redick or Bogans... and nothing else. Since he can play SG or SF, he would balance the roster a little and at least his salary's cheap. Isn't it funny that Hill and Redick's salaries match?

I dunno, I'm on the fence. I don't mind sitting here and reveling in the fact that Grant went ring hunting... problem is he left a title contender for a .500 team in a tougher conference.

Oops.

And on the side, Lee's rebounding doesn't really matter, he's a guard.