Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

While everyone comments on they want or do no want G.Hill, my comment is:

Why the heck would Phoenix want JJ Reddick? It makes absolutely no sense for Phoenix to want this deal. The only way Hill gets traded to the Magic is if the Magic offer Courtney Lee and that's not going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Why the heck would Phoenix want JJ Reddick? It makes absolutely no sense for Phoenix to want this deal. The only way Hill gets traded to the Magic is if the Magic offer Courtney Lee and that's not going to happen.

Exactly. It's kinda like trading Bogans for... let's say... Crittenton or somebody. Which makes it all the more unbelievable.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

It turns out that BS wasn't totally full of BS his source was known other then Grant Hill who wants out from the Suns since the chances of being in contention are not all that high.

Well the Suns are not interested nor are the Magic that part was just the way BS wrote the article to make it seem that they were interested in a trade.

Hill just has to eat his crow for leaving the Magic because he wanted to be on a contender.

I find it interesting that since Hill has left the Magic have improved. So why let him come back and ruin a great team chemistry that has made the Magic a contender.

BTW Hill really hasn't helped himself by saying that the Magic are the ones who screwed him rather then it being the reverse Hill screwing with the Magic and it's fans.

Plus Hill's saying that he will be a starter with the Magic if he came back. Yea right.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Grant Hill is basically telling the Magic to go kiss off. He has no desire to return to the Magic. Told ya, Schmitz is stirring the pot to get a rise out of people.

http://rimshots.freedomblogging.com/2008/12/17/grant-hi...-or-hell-retire/440/

LOL, the day that Brian Schmitz would break a news, the end of the world will be near...

BTW, who's Otis Thorpe????

:=)

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I hope Brian is held accountable. Bring back Povtak.

Everytime he writes something stupid the hits on that website go up. I highly doubt the Sentinel is worried about their credibility.

Marc, I understand. But this borders on false reporting. So have they turned into a gossip site in their "reporting?" What a sham.

Kudos to Denton for being the best Magic reporter around, bar none. In my memory, he has yet to throw junk against the wall to generate traffic, unlike the OS and HW.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Marc, I understand. But this borders on false reporting. So have they turned into a gossip site in their "reporting?" What a sham.

Kudos to Denton for being the best Magic reporter around, bar none. In my memory, he has yet to throw junk against the wall to generate traffic, unlike the OS and HW.

That is the really sad part Soul, the Sentinel is taking something small and twisting it to get a juicy story out of it. Say Grant talks to someone and says I sure loved living in Orlando. Schmitz could get a hold of that and turn it into Grant enjoyed being in Orlando and would love to be back.

The Sentinel has been a giant piece of garbage for a long time now, I don't imagine the decline of print media is doing much to motivate them to be more ethical.

Yea, what's really sad is that the Sentinel used to be THE place to get good Magic info.

For the last couple of years, it seems that the Florida Today has become a better source. As a Brevard resident, it makes me happy, but it's also telling and disheartening that a paper 80 miles away from O-town has better coverage.

quote:
Originally posted by DonReid'sScowl:

Yea, what's really sad is that the Sentinel used to be THE place to get good Magic info.

For the last couple of years, it seems that the Florida Today has become a better source. As a Brevard resident, it makes me happy, but it's also telling and disheartening that a paper 80 miles away from O-town has better coverage.

When the OS kept Schmitz and jettisoned Povtak, what else should we expect?