Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade J.J. for Grant Hill? Schmitz says Hill wants to return(Sentinel)

J.J. is dead weight in my opinion, and we need to get rid of him -- he's done nothing to help this team at ALL. However, I DON'T want Hill back at all.

Might be the biggest college draft upset to my knowledge, and he's boo'd everywhere he goes. I remember when I went to the Magic-Nets game last year because it was here in NJ, and J.J. didn't get a lick of time, but yet throngs of people were continuously BOOING HIM. It was hysterical. I remember Richard Jefferson was shooting free throws, and the people in front of us were yelling "REDICK YOU SUCK!" LOL

There's gotta be SOMEONE who wants J.J....

No?

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

HEII NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't want T-Mac either. Enough of greedy losers Thank you. very much.

YES!!! We finally agree!!!

quote:

It would save us contract money, would put a player on our bench much more capable of contributing, and would once and for all get rid of our 2006 draft blunder.

Considering how small of an amount the savings would be I don't think that factors in. IMO, Hill has been playing old, tired basketball all season.

I'm no huge JJ fan, but at least he can shoot three's. Grant can not.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

No, no, and no.

Really Soul???

Why?

It would save us contract money, would put a player on our bench much more capable of contributing, and would once and for all get rid of our 2006 draft blunder.

Believe it or not, I think Hill presents a leadership problem for our team. When he was here, our team didn't develop and Hill thought he had to be the leader. Moreover, the way he played the game seemed to suck the life out of the rest of the team. Second, I don't think his game fits SVG ball. His game is all about driving, whereas SVG likes his wing men to be shooters first and foremost. Yes, it would save us $ next year, but I'd rather trade Redick for a different expiring if that's the case. And for the here and now, believe it or not, I'd rather have Redick and wait for his shot to come around.

Edit: I just went back and read the whole thread. Good stuff. This is one of the better threads we've had on here in a long time.

Smack.. I realize Redick's shorter than Bogans, but Bogans getting shot over because of his size all the time is more important because a. Bogans plays down the stretch in the 4th quarter more than Redick... Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson ring a bell for anyone!?, and b. J.J. Redick never plays small forward.

Except, again, for spot up three-pointers, Grant Hill would be an upgrade as Hedo's backup at SF over Keith Bogans. At least until he started pissing and moaning about minutes, anyway.

This was actually part of my argument for trading Redick for Hill, so I'm not sure why you argued with me on this one.

...and the rest of you guys can't have it both ways. If Redick is "dead weight" then there's no way in hell we should be able to get Grant Hill for him straight up. That just makes no sense.

I'm ambivalent towards JJ, I just want Grant to suffer for the misery he heaped on this team (and us fans) while he was here, and then the added insult of bolting after promising he'd stay, when we could have traded him any one of a hundred times for someone who was worth a crap.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I can live just a little better if T-Mac & Hill retire having never made it out of the first round. I'll develop a faith in Karma if Shaq ends up broke selling his championships rings on e-bay.

The icing on the cake would be if we won a championship over any of their teams in the finals.

That would be a stupid trade. He's young, healthy, got skills and can pass the ball well. JJ is possibly the best passer on the team and an unselfish player.

He's just last on the bench in SVG's eyes so he's not free to play freely like SVG's favorites who get a ton of minutes no matter if they make a ton of mistakes and only show up in the 4th quarter.

SVG is too uptight and that's why JJ and Gortat have been misused. You've seen how solid Gortat plays right? He could've been doing this all last season for us, just like JJ, who would be so much better and confident now.

No more stupid trades and G.Hill can go down with a career ending injury any day, besides he isn't all that good now. Let him stay where (he thought) the sun, I mean, the lights would be brighter.