Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

I'm going to give Lee props

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by ivielma:

I was at the game and CLee looked really good. He was up in Baron's grill and did own him. He also hustles like crazy. I didn't see his stat sheet but it felt like he was stealing every pass or at least delfecting most of them. He is fast on the floor, has quick hands and will only get better. I also think he is underrated offensively. He didn't hesitate taking it to the hole on several occasions and he is only going to get better. CLee was an awesome pick by the Magic, great scouting.

Amazing, but this is almost the exact same wording of a post that Ball Junkie made a month or so ago that he got viciously flamed for.

So you choose. Either flame ivielma the same way you did Ball Junkie, or have enough class to admit BJ was right and you were wrong.

I'm sure the silence will be deafening.

He probably got flamed because it was a month ago. We have seen what CLee has done in a month and some of us are drinking the Koolaid. It's like Anthony Morrow on GS. If someone wrote he was the next coming of Kobe after putting up 35 and 25 points in back to back games people would have flamed that person, but if he actually continued that type of scoring for a month then that person would have them all eating crow (Just an example). I think a month ago people on these boards were just trying to say, "Hey, not so fast, let's see what he can do." Anyway, His consistency will only improve. I'm not a JJ Lover but I just feel bad for the guy. I hope we trade him somewhere he can get more minutes for a player that can help us.

if anyone was at the games where jj got the start and heard a chanting of courtney lee right above the magic tunnel then it was me and my friend joe. hope he keeps up the good work.

we have a great D line-up now that he's getting good playing time. (once Peaches is back)

PG Lee

SG Pietrus

SF Lewis

PF Battie

C Howard

Im excited to see them play D together. Clee has been playing excellent D for a rookie or even a vet. im real excited.

Major props to lee..very good defense all night long, and i really think his offense will come with minuts played. I really think this kid is going to be good!

GO MAGIC!!!!

It's strange that you have to remind yourself that he's a rookie! He played his entire college career, but still. How high is this guy's ceiling!?

Within two years (or sooner?) we could be talking about this guy as part of our core.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Within two years (or sooner?) we could be talking about this guy as part of our core.

I've already had numerous conversations today about the "what if" possibility of us not signing Pietrus (my favorite offseason move). Could we have used the MLE to grab Kurt Thomas, Carl Landry, Walter Herrman, or maybe Najera.

None of those names are anything special, but with CLee getting more and more comfortable, he certainly makes you think that we don't need so much depth in the backcourt which could have easily been replaced by depth in the front court.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I've already had numerous conversations today about the "what if" possibility of us not signing Pietrus (my favorite offseason move). Could we have used the MLE to grab Kurt Thomas, Carl Landry, Walter Herrman, or maybe Najera.

None of those names are anything special, but with CLee getting more and more comfortable, he certainly makes you think that we don't need so much depth in the backcourt which could have easily been replaced by depth in the front court.

Eh, I'm glad we signed Peaches still. He can play the 2 and the 3, something I don't think Lee can do because of his height, atleast consistently. Plus, the fact that Peaches/Bogans/and JJ have played has allowed Lee to come around slowly and not be thrown into the starting lineup or even backup position too quickly. I think it will benefit him in the long run being able to learn the game and get valuable minutes at the same time both on and off the bench.

He was getting killed by Brandon Roy....worse then Kebo. Stan Van Gundy even brought Kebo out there to stop Roy but the result was ineffectie. Good defense last night but I can't give him credit yet. Have multiple performances like Jameer has been having then you get credit.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

if anyone was at the games where jj got the start and heard a chanting of courtney lee right above the magic tunnel then it was me and my friend joe. hope he keeps up the good work.

we sure as heck did.