Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[O-Sen] Redick Out As Starter; Bogans in

Ya know, if JJ shot was on target while he was starting, im sure this move would not of been made.

But when you are not doing something that you were drafted for (Shooting), then not only do you put yourself in a vulnerable position, but you also hurt your own self-worth.

What are you people smoking? JJ was never supposed to be a permanent starter. He was in the right place at the right time because Bogans and Pietrus were injured. SVG made it very clear his game plan would change from game to game and he'd play the best match-ups. You write the guy off because he's not starting! Give it a break!

i'm right there with you fan for too long, how can you blame a guy for his lack of shooting when he gets 5 shots per game? Hedo refuses to pass him the ball and rather jack up contested shots that have no chance of falling. While Dwight is great once you pass him the ball he is going to shoot it even if he has three guys on him. Maybe if he kicked out he would get more easy dunks and spend less time throwing up bricks from the foul line.

If JJ shot the same amount of shots as Hedo he would drop 20 a game.

by barnettej:

quote:
Ya know, if JJ shot was on target while he was starting, im sure this move would not of been made.

A shooter needs more than five shots in 30 minutes. If his teammates or the coach made it a priority to get JJ shots then he would make them at a good percentage.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

What are you people smoking? JJ was never supposed to be a permanent starter. He was in the right place at the right time because Bogans and Pietrus were injured. SVG made it very clear his game plan would change from game to game and he'd play the best match-ups. You write the guy off because he's not starting! Give it a break!

exactly. This forum wants to trade everyone who doesn't start, too funny

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

by barnettej:

quote:

A shooter needs more than five shots in 30 minutes. If his teammates or the coach made it a priority to get JJ shots then he would make them at a good percentage.

you are right on.

When Nelson was PG JJ made his shots but when Johnson or Lee runs the point he can't hit crap because they don't know how to pass.

I'm not surprised that Bogans is back in the starting lineup, and I think it is the best thing.. for now.

I really hope Lee continues to get minutes while Pietrus is hurt, because I think he could be a good 6th man towards the end of the season.

Everyone is acting like Bogans starting over JJ means that JJ isn't going to play at all. I wonder if that is the case or that JJ will just come off the bench and maybe get more minutes than Lee. Remember our last game JJ played pretty well and got more mins than Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

quote:

by barnettej:

quote:

you are right on.

When Nelson was PG JJ made his shots but when Johnson or Lee runs the point he can't hit crap because they don't know how to pass.

anyone actually remember Nelson's FG% at the beginning? It was pretty bad for a while and he was really getting minutes based only on his college game. Had it not been for Otis being so proud of that pick I believe he would've been on another team sitting on the bench because few other teams would've given him the minutes he got here to help him become the solid scoring option he is now

quote:

Thank god now we will have a 2 guard who knows what his role is. Stand in the corner and wait! Bogans is perfect for this, . . .

I AM NOT THE FAN OF ANY ONE PLAYER ON THE MAGIC. . .but I agree with fan for too long about Bogan's play.

I don't have an opinion about JJ, but what I have been preaching for . . .what?. . .3 seasons, is that Bogans is a streaky scorer and defender. If he starts and gets more minutes than the other SGs, all he is going to do on the offensive end of the court is stand in the corner behind the 3 pt. line and throw up bricks.

He does not know how to move without the ball. Even when passing the ball, he will stand in that corner outside the 3 pt. line and pass the ball to the nearest teammate without moving from his position. You can bank on it!

Bogans is better coming off the bench.

Edit: Does he even dribble the ball and try layups or 10 footers?. . . not much if ever.

*sigh*

Whatever!

I think Bogans is better off the bench than a starter, his whole deal with Evans last year pretty much proved that. And I think that Redick was starting to prove that he was better as a starter than bench player, even if he just ended up with timeshare minutes. The biggest point of all is we've been winning with Redick-Bogans instead of the other way around. Is SVG that scared of... Eric Gordan?

I feel like either way I'm gonna be upset tonight. Like Bogans is gonna get 30 minutes, Redick 12, and C-Lee 6. Or C-Lee w/ 12 minutes and Redick 6.

And people wonder why we can't develop young players around here.

Hopefully Bogans plays solid defense and hits a few threes, doesn't lead a fast break and does nothing bone-headed. But if the Clippers somehow win the game on an Eric Gordan jumpshot right over Bogans, I'm going ballistic at about 1 am. Everyone's been warned.

Some people are over reacting. JJ was never a starter in the first place. I myself can admit that. This doesn't surprise me at all. Would still love to see more minutes from JJ and Lee though.

I wonder where all of these opinions were when Jameer put AJ back to the bench.