Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[O-Sen] Redick Out As Starter; Bogans in

quote:
LOS ANGELES --- J.J. Redick's four-game run as a starter for the Orlando Magic is over.

Coach Stan Van Gundy said after Monday's shootaround at Staples Center that he will start Keith Bogans at shooting guard tonight against the L.A. Clippers.

Orlando (15-5) is on a five-game road trip, its longest of the season.

"I'm not going to get into the details (about the change)," Van Gundy said."I thought it was the best thing going forward at least for this trip. It gives us the best matchups."

Redick had been starting in place of injured Mickael Pietrus, who is not expected to return until late this month after tearing a ligament in his thumb. Bogans also had been out with a thumb injury for five games, but returned last week and played Friday night against Oklahoma City.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/

quote:
LOS ANGELES --- J.J. Redick's four-game run as a starter for the Orlando Magic is over.

Coach Stan Van Gundy said after Monday's shootaround at Staples Center that he will start Keith Bogans at shooting guard tonight against the L.A. Clippers.

Orlando (15-5) is on a five-game road trip, its longest of the season.

"I'm not going to get into the details (about the change)," Van Gundy said."I thought it was the best thing going forward at least for this trip. It gives us the best matchups."

Redick had been starting in place of injured Mickael Pietrus, who is not expected to return until late this month after tearing a ligament in his thumb. Bogans also had been out with a thumb injury for five games, but returned last week and played Friday night against Oklahoma City.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/

Expected and not surprising...

Bogans was the starter for a bunch of games last year, and he is a solid player...I don't think this means much, I mean I am sure some people will think, you see JJ sucks. But point is you play the better player for the matchup..

I actually thought Redick would be able to guard Eric Gordon, or atleast shoot over him. Eh, oh well. If SVG says Bogans starts, then he starts. If he thinks he gives us the best shot at winning, then I believe him.

Cannot say I am shocked...I kind of feel for him because overall he has gotten better and the one thing he is supposed to be exceptional at he did not do well.

We will see where his role goes from here. SVG sure was not telling.

JJ Redick: "Hello benchness my old friend."

Ok, that was a really bad joke. It'll be interesing to see if he lost his minutes to Lee as well. I'm definitely not suprised. This is what SVG does.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Ok, that was a really bad joke. It'll be interesing to see if he lost his minutes to Lee as well. I'm definitely not suprised. This is what SVG does.

"This is what SVG does"? What...take away minutes due to poor on-court performance? Isn't that what every coach should do? Let's be honest: JJ has been given a golden opportunity to showcase himself in Pietrus' absence. He has pretty much laid a big fat egg, offensively speaking. His defense has been better, but still not up to par with what a bigger and quicker Bogans can offer. JJ has no one to blame but himself for going back to the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

"This is what SVG does"? What...take away minutes due to poor on-court performance? Isn't that what every coach should do? Let's be honest: JJ has been given a golden opportunity to showcase himself in Pietrus' absence. He has pretty much laid a big fat egg, offensively speaking. His defense has been better, but still not up to par with what a bigger and quicker Bogans can offer. JJ has no one to blame but himself for going back to the bench.

I mean he'll play Bogans the majority of the mins instead of developing young players even though we're winning.

He has a love affair with the guy. Even when Pietrus was healthy, Bogans would finish games. Hence "this is what SVG does."

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I agree with an earlier post...it'll be interesting now to see who gets the back-up minutes.

Wonder why Stan wouldn't elaboate? Maybe J.J. is getting traded?

jj is a deity and his urine is the ambrosia of basketball gods