Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

HEDO TO BE BOUGHT OUT

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

The Orlando Magic and Hedo Turkoglu are progressing on contract buyout talks, league sources tell Y! Sports.

:bigparty:/>

1x09-Storming-the-Castle-Animated-gif-Buster-and-Lucille-2-Celebrate-arrested-development-7915025-300-170.gif

obama_dancing_on_a_pizza_you_read_that_right-11597.gif

• Upvote 8

*fist pump*

There would be no need for a Hedo appreciation thread, either. We did one for after 2009, when he deserved it. Nothing else has been appreciated the second time around.

• Upvote 4

I think getting $6 million to go away and play for someone else is enough appreciation.

• Upvote 2

It makes sense. There's no reason to have Turk taking up the playing time that our young players could be using and I don't think Turk would be willing to sit quietly on the bench. Time to part ways.

so if he's bought out, why would we still have to pay him $6m? that would defeat the purpose of a buyout?

I think they're using the term "buyout" to mean "filing the official paperwork to pay him his guaranteed amount and cut him".

Since it's not a team option they can just not pick up, I'm guessing there is some amount of busy work that has to be done to make it happen. Ts to be dotted and Is to be crossed, and all that.

There'd be no point for a real buyout on either side at this point anyway; Hedo has no reason to accept less than 6m, and Orlando has no reason to give him anything more than that.

I'll leave it with this image:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1tkPzRgNRc

The days before either of those players became a burden.

One of the (10?) greatest games in Magic history, THE greatest regular season play in Magic history.

Say, I wonder whatever happened to that big guy, number 12? (half joking, half serious)