Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I had a problem w/ aisle attendants at Magic games...anybody else?

Junkie, I feel bad for you. Before the season, you specifically told me that you were switching season tickets so that your kids could be at that rail. Obviously, it isn't working out as you had hoped. Kudos for being a fun, caring dad.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

So we are free...

And so the world turns...

what's going to happen when it turns opposite of what we know ?

Everything flies of the planet into space, and we all die.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

So we are free...

And so the world turns...

what's going to happen when it turns opposite of what we know ?

gary_coleman1_1.jpg

To Junkie's question I probably only attend one or two Magic games a year but could this have come down from NBA security. It has to be some kind of fire or safety hazard because the ushers are typically not aholes just to be aholes. Heck most of the time they do not even usher. Maybe your season ticket rep should have told you about that change before you moved to the rail.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

It is probably a fire hazard to crowd the aisle, and the attendants may have decided to take this seriously.

I am imagining what it would take to start a fire on the concrete and plastic in that area. Maybe JJ would get really hot.

When I was 17, I worked at as an usher, and we had a situation where we were required to make people blocking fire exits move, even though the venue was mostly steel and concrete, and a fire would've been difficult to start on purpose, much less on accident. When I asked about it, I was told that "fire exit" is really "emergency exit" and that they have to stay clear for any kind of emergency, not just fires, which at least makes a bit more sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a season ticket holder don't you get to go to a "Meet the Magic" event where you get autographs and player interaction? Why, then, are you making such a big deal about the rail situation?

If you're letting this affect your enjoyment of Magic basketball, I have to say that's pretty lame in my opinion. With today's celeb-crazed society, it should come as a surprise to no one that ushers and attendants are vigilant with regards to keeping psychos away from star athletes. Deal with it.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

He just said, he got the tickets specifically for his kids, he has a right to be a little upset cat.

Why? Cat has a great point. best post in this thread.

All the people aclling the usher names and putting the blame on him forget he has a job to do. He even apologized for being able to let him stand there at the rail with the kids, but the guy is just doing his job.

Why do people have this sense of entitlement? This sense that they are special and should be able to do whatever they want, and when they are told no, they act surprised and angry? I don't understand this behavior.

Not the mention the whole 'ruining it for everyone else' angle. I sense a trend here.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a season ticket holder don't you get to go to a "Meet the Magic" event where you get autographs and player interaction? Why, then, are you making such a big deal about the rail situation?

If you're letting this affect your enjoyment of Magic basketball, I have to say that's pretty lame in my opinion. With today's celeb-crazed society, it should come as a surprise to no one that ushers and attendants are vigilant with regards to keeping psychos away from star athletes. Deal with it.

Those meet the Magic events are nice. But you need to have a LOT of patience to meet the most popular Magic players. A two minute line for Foyle and a 3 hour wait for D12.

Plus, you are limited in the amount of tickets to the Meet the Magic events to the number of of season tickets you have, unless it is an open to the public event, and then you are subject to even less access and longer waits. It would be great if they could give better access, but it isn't easy.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

It would be great if they could give better access, but it isn't easy.

Should be relatively easy. Split the event up into twice a year. Once for odd numbered sections, once for even.

I have had season tickets for 12 seasons now right there over the Magic tunnel and I think it's so very annoying when people walk down and obstruct my view of the game to snap photos of the back of players heads...so in this area I like the brash tactics of the ushers, better them than me standing up and pushing them down...I have been engaged in many arguments with people over this throughout the years...not to mention, I have seen some people act a fool over the tunnel when the players are walking through, players have had things thrown at them, people have almost fallen over...it's a tough area to call things imo...

I will admit that many of them take their job a bit too seriously when they don't need to...after the game, kicking people out and such is not very polite and I have been talked to pretty rudely after the games trying to make my way around...