Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Game Thread: SEASON OPENER - Hawks at Magic

The whole team sucked, no chemistry, you never change a winning combination. Dwight still looks like Barry Bonds, a lot of stereoids and a lot of home runs when they not matter...

once again this game proved what i have said for a long time. we have no leadership and smarts at pg. someone has to step up and demand we run the offense. team passing is very bad. until this improves we will be average. team must learn to work the ball and not force. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

We don't need Dooling and Carlos in our team. We were very fortunate that Hedo,Jameer,Johnson, and the bench played oustanding yesterday.

# of insightful posts: 0

# of Jameer bashing/Carlos approving posts: 1426

Stats I see as indicative:

Our starting PG had as many assists as our starting PF.

3 blocks in 5 minutes? Are you kidding me?! Get that guy out there with Dwight and give him some real minutes.

'meer, Hedo, Shard, Warlock, Dwight. Who cares if the wings can't play D? No one would ever score inside and even the best 3-point shooters only hit 40% of the time (and try shooting over someone who's 6'10)

i didn't want to read 19 pages, did someone already call jj out for crab walking backwards while joe johnson shot over him like 3 times? or even his camping out to the extent that he should have had a lawn chair sprawled out in the corner? how about his airballs? zero part of him looked good out there, and especially facing off an athletic atlanta squad, we got outed on all of our guard spot, except for peitrus and half of the game for jameer.

i know it's the season opener but if our games continue like this i'd like to see some trades. is al harrington still looking for that trade? i don't like him or the size of his contract but i'd take something right now, we got outed by a team that we could very well meet in the playoffs. that and toronto/philly looked great last night as well, if we keep playing jv high school ball with reddick and a.j. as our backup point and shooting guard then the team better invest in better tv's becuase that's where they'll be watching the playoffs from.

i listened to otis talk again last night, it's obvious that he isn't the gm of the team, someone is playing puppet master with him or something, becausee one, he isn't that smart. and two we're still making the bonehead moves that we made throughout the 90s, i realized this when i saw ariza hit open 3's, play great defense, and even slam one home, then i took a good look at what we got for him, both of them happened to be there because evans was on the hawks, and cookie was laying on the bench. we keep getting hosed on deals, what was the last trade we made that we got something out out of? it's like that moron in your fantasy league that keeps trading players like rudy gay and danny granger around for players like troy murphy and ak47.

oh well, bring on the next game, let see jj crab walk his way down the paint again while the opposing sg basically stiff arms him.

Thoughts from that abomination last night-

If you know someone who voted for JJ to be sub of the game last night with 2pts and 1 rebound, please have them spayed or nuetred as soon as possible.

I was actually surprised to see we shot over 30%, I've never seen a team shoot that bad.

The crowd last night was TERRIBLE. How can you show up opening night and not cheer for your team on defense? Was valium passed out with every calendar at the front gate? Why even show up to the game if you are just going to sit there?

If our team gets after loose balls rebounding may not be such an issue.

Pietrus attacked on offense which was nice, Shard was aggressive which was nice. Shard was more animated than he was last year and I think he is going to have a good year for us. Dwight brought it in the 4th on defense. I got nothing else here.

I think everything that could have gone wrong went wrong last night. Poor effort, terrible shooting, no movement, poor decisions, the only reason we were not blown out by 30 was that we played decent defense for stretches. Pietrus is going to be a big help (would have been a good idea to have him on Johnson and put Bogans on his identical basketball twin Evans)and I think Shard has improved his D as well. Once Dwight got angry he made an impact on D. When some little fairy like ZaZa plays WNBA defense on him, he needs to take that personal, then he needs to rip his arm off and beat him to death with it. I'm so glad that Stern decided to do absolutely nothing about flopping, it was definatley the right decision.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

It looked like the guys hwoed up and expected to win.

I still believe if we want a great bench, we need Turk coming off it.

Turk didn't look as comfortable out there with Shard being ahead of him in the pecking order. The same thing was going on in preseason. We saw this when we had Grant as well, maybe you are right Rich.

AJ is alright but, he really likes to force the ball, he on multiple ocasions attempted to do to much.

I would prefer Troy Hudson personally, Otis get er dun.