Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Orlando Magic @ Charlotte Bobcats 10/16/2008

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

...moving on from the bickering...

does anyone think that howard should just sit this game out? or...play the first quarter at the most, and then hit the locker room?

I think they want to get as many mins as they can with Pietrus and the rest of the starters. I guess it will be a balancing act between building chemistry and resting them before the season starts. I think the game against Memphis is probably where we will see the mins drop.

quote:

does anyone think that howard should just sit this game out? or...play the first quarter at the most, and then hit the locker room?

I think SVG wants to get certain groups a decent amount of playing time together. One of these groups being the starters, including MP, to get him used to the new team. Another seems to be AJ with the starters as well, both for back up reasons, and for times when Jameer is out with an injury or what have you.

quote:

Maybe just play the first quarter. I know he is a freak athlete but I do not want him to wear down as the season progresses. I do not know if he will but it is a slight worry in the back of my mind.

quote:

not bickering!! I've met hutch in real life and shes a cool person i was just givin her a little guff

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

funny-pictures-unpolitical-cat-is-on-a-fence.jpg

are these pics supposed to be funny or?

Haven't seen any Magic pre-season games, will this one be televised?

PS: what a waste of 3 pages of game-thread so far. You guys are doing great

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

funny-pictures-unpolitical-cat-is-on-a-fence.jpg

are these pics supposed to be funny or?

Haven't seen any Magic pre-season games, will this one be televised?

PS: what a waste of 3 pages of game-thread so far, you guys are doing great

Yes, and clearly you've failed the test.

By the way, no, the game won't be televised.....yet again.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I wonder what her husband thinks of you giving her "a little guff".

He does not approve, that is 2 strikes....

lol..

Preview:

The Orlando Magic hit the road this week for a six-day road trip beginning at 10:30 a.m. Thursday morning against the Bobcats in Charlotte. This will be the second meeting between the two teams in eight days.

Last Wednesday, the Magic defeated the Bobcats by a final score of 118-80 in a game that the Magic led from the very beginning. The first quarter was dominated by the Magic as they took a 40-9 advantage into the second frame.

Dwight Howard was the top performer in the game notching 20 points, eight rebounds and five blocked shots. Gerald Wallace was the top Bobcats player on the floor, dropping 18 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.

It was the first game the Bobcats played outside of practice in the Larry Brown Era that began in training camp. That was apparent from the very get-go. Stan Van Gundy expects that to change in this game as the Bobcats have had another week to learn from Brown on the practice court.