Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Will there be a trade?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. DaTsuN:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

How about we trade Battie, let Turkoglu opt out next summer and go after Kobe Bryant next off season.

Thats a joke right?

What do you mean. Battie is the only one we have locked up for next year. Yeah were keeping Lee Pietrus Nelson Howard Lewis. But everybody else will be free agents so that frees up our salary cap. Turk is going to opt out regardless. No joke.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

why dont we just hold what we got! how bout that, we made it to the second round, i believe 2010 is our year. pluss if we hold what we got and build some great hype arround dwight and our team then we got a shot at one of the blockbusters in 2010 ie. lebron, mellow, wade, bosh....and the list goes on.... just my thought

i think we could get durrant to, im sure he dont want to be okc.

I thought that Lebron has all but signed with brooklyn and Wade was heading home to Chi town. Would we have any money to fill out a roster with another max contract?

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Nelson/Critt/AJ (dunno if we would still need that guy we just signed)

Pietrus/JJ/Lee

Shard/?/Pietrus

Gortat/Cookie/Foyle

Howard/Battie/Foyle

This line-up is absurd. If Gortat is our best starting option at PF we are not beating any great teams. He is a back-up, I dont care what he said in his interview. Second, get over Critt, your obsessed.

The Boozer scenario is ridiculously absurd as well.

Seriously, our best option is Hedo for Haslem or Wilcox. If you disagree, at least throw out some legit ideas.

there's nothing really absurd about it. where were we hurting the most? rebounding and defense. and what does gortat do? rebound. i mean are you even watching the games? i'm so sick of everyone saying offense offense offense like some kind of broken record.

this team already has lots of offense. it needs some defense. and while i WAS on board turk's bandwagon, i'm off now, and i'd like to see him get traded. but i don't think we need to trade probably our biggest asset to obtain something we probably already have.

we've got like 5 bigs. how many do we need?? the ones we've got will do fine FOR WHAT WE NEED THEM TO DO. you start bringing in wilcox or collison, now during the offseason we're retooling everything instead of just tweaking what was already working...

What on earth makes you think Gortat is ready to play great defense? Do not say summer league play. He got 10 pts and 10 rebounds in the last game of the season when scrubs were playing. He had flashes of being serviceable in the playoffs but was DEFINITELY not NBA starting material. A handful of plays he looked aloof. Oh and not once did I ever mention the word offense or defense in my argument.

We need a player who can play big and quick(ie Maxiell), a guy who can hit a jump shot(like Haslem or Brand or Horace Grant) and we need a guy who doesn't have the expiration date of Tony Battie.

We do not have that right now.

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:
Originally posted by UhOhItsMagicH7:

OKC has 2 SF already and to be honest, they don't need a 3rd.

They have Durant and Jeff Green at the 3, Wilcox and Collison at the 4 or 5, but they are both better suited at the 4.

They have Westbrook as their SG and not a solid point guard.

They aren't going to give up a first round pick and wilcox/collison for Turk who plays the same position as one of the best 2nd year players in the league and Jeff Green who is very good also.

To be honest, the "Thunder" wouldn't trade for hedo IMO because it wouldn't work with what they are trying to do, re-build!

They wouldn't want veteran leadership to mentor Durrant?

To be honest, no.

Veteran leadership yes, a guy that plays the same position as OKC's best 2 players, no. Green/Durant are by far the best players on the Thunder and they're looking to build around them, not add more depth to a loaded SF position.

quote:

quote:

quote:

They have Durant and Jeff Green at the 3, Wilcox and Collison at the 4 or 5, but they are both better suited at the 4.

They aren't going to give up a first round pick and wilcox/collison for Turk who plays the same position as one of the best 2nd year players in the league and Jeff Green who is very good also.

To be honest, the "Thunder" wouldn't trade for hedo IMO because it wouldn't work with what they are trying to do, re-build!

To be honest, no.

Veteran leadership yes, a guy that plays the same position as OKC's best 2 players, no. Green/Durant are by far the best players on the Thunder and they're looking to build around them, not add more depth to a loaded SF position.

Durant is playing at the 2, so Turk could easily play the 3. Now they would have 2 20ppg scorers there. Hell Turk could run the point at times for them. Players like Turk you ALWAYS find a way to put him in your rotation. OKC could use Turk. Turk is better than Green, besides they play Green at the 4 mostly. So Turk will fit fine with OKC.

quote:

I think they can benefit - and here's why.

Nick Collison is about to turn 28 - and has 3 years left on his deal. He doesn't fit in their rebuilding window (he does ours) - and they could simply do it to have even more freedom for the next two summers.

Also - they could benefit from a sign and trade in the summer. A veteran team who may want Hedo, but doesn't have the cap space to sign him may send Oklahoma City some assets and/or take on a contract they may want to ship out.

Worst case scenario - Hedo walks, they don't have to pay Collison for 3 more years...and they have almost complete financial freedom for the next 2-3 Summers. Perhaps a simply salary dump isn't enough of an incentive - however, with the free agents coming up over the next couple years, it may be.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

quote:

quote:

To be honest, no.

Durant is playing at the 2, so Turk could easily play the 3. Now they would have 2 20ppg scorers there. Hell Turk could run the point at times for them. Players like Turk you ALWAYS find a way to put him in your rotation. OKC could use Turk. Turk is better than Green, besides they play Green at the 4 mostly. So Turk will fit fine with OKC.

I dont watch OKC play so I dont know if this is true or not. If it is, then this trade could really work well for both teams.

I really like what collision brings to the table. He's big, can rebound, gets blocks when he's needed to and has got a workable jump shot. He would definitely grow next to Dwight and with Ewing.

With Elton Brand going to the 76ers, Jerm Oneal going to Toronto, Detroit and Boston(Perkins aged a lot in the playoffs) not going anywhere and Ben Wallace/developing Joe Smith in Cleveland also w/Zydrunas.... we need as much front-court as possible.

kevin durant plays the sg spot...and he cant be the only 20ppg scorer on a team and expect the team to be decent. jeff green plays pf. turk would fit perfectly with okc. russ westbrook is a pg, not sg.

a lineup of westbrook, durant, turk, green, and wilcox not only sounds competitive, but it sounds cheap...two things that OKC wants this year...to be competitive, yet financially responsible. i cant imagine a better deal for both sides.

can you imagine a front court of shard, collison, and dwight?

add in a solid sg in pietrus with capable backups, and suddenly we have only 1 hole to fill, and thats a backup pg.

Durant is a SF, not a Shooting Guard, no matter where he is playing at the moment. Jeff Green plays out of position sometimes and is in the position Shard' is here. And i'm pretty sure that Green played the 3 and Collison played the 4 most of the season. If you think Green is a 4, then you would have no problem with Shard there. But most of you, including me, do have a problem with it because they aren't Power Forwards!

And Westbrook, at UCLA, was a SG. He's more of a combo guard that CAN play PG, but more than likely is best suited at the 2.

Either way, trading Turk to OKC is not going to give up their first round pick and collison. Especially when they're likely to get a top 10 lottery pick.