Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Would you trade Turk in a deal for Odom?

I absolutely would make this deal. Odom would be a perfect fit here. He's very unselfish, good rebounder, he spreads the floor, and he can even be the offensive facilitator on occasion that we would be giving up in Turk. He's also a high character guy with a good work ethic. My only question would be his durability but he held up fairly well last season. I would pull the trigger on this deal immediately.

Honestly, I was hoping there was truth to the rumor that we were trying for him when we were shopping Francis. He's always been comfortable as a 3rd fiddle offensively which what he would be here.

This trade has zero chance of happening but its nice to dream.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Jordan Farmar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nav4dQ17sRc&NR=1

Lamar Odom

This would be a huge pickup. Odom has NEVER played with a dominent big man like Howard. I rather have Farmar as my backup pg than Johnson and Wilks. We unload Redick Turkoglu Battie contracts and if Farmar and Odom doesnt work out which i highly doubt it, then we will have cap space to sign a pf. We already have the pg sg sf c positions locked up for the next 5 years.

My bad

Jordan Farmar

If you dont know about Jordan Farmar

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan_farmar/

yes, I agree with you, we should take odom

I love Turk but I'd pull the trigger on this if it was available.

It's painfully obvious but just to remind anybody who doesn't want to understand, we don't need two SFs of Turk's and Rashard's caliber. We didn't get a 50 win season because Rashard played PF, it's a culmination of a lot of different factors.

I would actually want to unload Rashard first before Hedo, but I really think that's just in the realm of fantasy.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I absolutely would make this deal. Odom would be a perfect fit here. He's very unselfish, good rebounder, he spreads the floor, and he can even be the offensive facilitator on occasion that we would be giving up in Turk. He's also a high character guy with a good work ethic. My only question would be his durability but he held up fairly well last season. I would pull the trigger on this deal immediately.

Honestly, I was hoping there was truth to the rumor that we were trying for him when we were shopping Francis. He's always been comfortable as a 3rd fiddle offensively which what he would be here.

This trade has zero chance of happening but its nice to dream.

Out of curiosity, why does this have zero chance of happening? Out of all the deals proposed here, a Hedo for Odom deal makes the most sense.

I would. However...............

One of the influential aspects of Hedos game is his ability as an off the ball play maker. In our last campaign his effect as a wing player with that ability was influential. I don't think you entirely lose that with Odom and I like the dynamic Odom would bring to this team. He'd facilitate and compliment the team well, in particular Dwight with added aggression and a versatile ability to play as a true big. Yeah, I would.

To add, I believe Courtney Lee will be a wonderful player for this ball squad. And within Courtney Lee and pieces I have seen from his game, he has that off ball play making ability that can be accounted for with the loss of Hedo.

This deal would just seem to make sense in many ways.

First, it gets Hedo out of the East.

Second, it sends Hedo to a city with a large Turkish population. Why does that matter? Otis cares where he sends his players. He respects them and doesn't want to just dump them, but rather set them up with a solid situation.

Third, Stan has experience with getting the best out of Odom.

Fourth, Lamar is still versatile, which seems to be a requirement to play for the Magic.

i would say no, for a couple reasons. first of all, this guy disappears in big games, beyond the 2008 finals. second, we would have to give up a lot to get him, for just one year rental. and third, his durability is a concern.

turks value is much better than odom's. IF we had to trade turk, i would hope otis would do it for a YOUNG PF and 1st round draft pick. OKC comes to mind. memphis comes to mind. the knicks come to mind. the beauty of giving turk up is that we could get a solid pf and have shard back at his natural position. i wouldnt continue to log jam by getting odom.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i would say no, for a couple reasons. first of all, this guy disappears in big games, beyond the 2008 finals. second, we would have to give up a lot to get him, for just one year rental. and third, his durability is a concern.

turks value is much better than odom's. IF we had to trade turk, i would hope otis would do it for a YOUNG PF and 1st round draft pick. OKC comes to mind. memphis comes to mind. the knicks come to mind. the beauty of giving turk up is that we could get a solid pf and have shard back at his natural position. i wouldnt continue to log jam by getting odom.

What PFs are you suggesting from OKC and Memphis for Turk?