Sign in to follow this  
blaze524

Pat Garrity Retires After 9 Seasons with Magic

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

I'm totally speechless...this is one of the best days in the history of my Magic fanhood.

And no, I'm not changing my screen name.

Amen~! Like has been said, incredibly nice guy, but a 3.5 million dollar warm seat year in and year out since 2003.

The day has finally arrived... The day that both Grant Hill & Pat Garrity are no longer part of the Orlando Magic Active (or usually Inactive) Roster. Our long Central Floridian nightmare is over.

"And there was much rejoicing." -Monty Python, 1977.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by ReaL_B3rT0:

finally his *** is out of here, hes 5 years late

Having a player on the roster whose only known NBA-level skill is shooting the ball can certainly be considered questionable.

We don't have anyone else like that, do we?

Yes we do but they actually make their shots,

Pat Garrity = 7.3 points a game

quote:

quote:

quote:

Having a player on the roster whose only known NBA-level skill is shooting the ball can certainly be considered questionable.

Garrity career stats -vs- JJ career stats

FG: 41.7% -vs- 42.2%

3P: 39.8% -vs- 39.0%

FT: 80.6% -vs- 86.2%

Yeah, I see your point. JJ is a MUCH better shooter than Pat was over his career. Well, maybe when they play H-O-R-S-E.

Actually, I was just having some fun with you based on your location, so no harm intended.

Quite frankly, I've never been a Garrity fan, even in the earlier years. But I'm not going to blast him and suggest that the man couldn't shoot, because he could.

And nbr, your simple comment is right on the money, and a great synopsis of who he was.

Geez, I keep referring to him in the past tense like the poor guy is dead. Sorry, Pat.

What took him so long. Either way, Garrity was a great guy. Bill Gates in the locker room. Bench warmer on court.

So....what if JJ grows 6 more inches and gains weight? JJ for Power forward anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Finally, I can go to a game without the threat of being rick-rolled.

Please, no more 6 year contracts to soft, white PF's. It's a minor miracle we didn't have Austin Croshere, Raef LaFrenz, & Brian Cardinal.

I hear we might be signing Christian Laettner to a 6-year deal soon...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Finally, I can go to a game without the threat of being rick-rolled.

Please, no more 6 year contracts to soft, white PF's. It's a minor miracle we didn't have Austin Croshere, Raef LaFrenz, & Brian Cardinal.

I hear we might be signing Christian Laettner to a 6-year deal soon...

Wrong Dukie....Cherokee Parks.

Once considered the beast of the east, Garrity ruined Chris Webber's career. Meanwhile, T-Mac has not been the same since leaving his mean-green-sharp-shooting machine. Here is to you, Pat Garrity, for many fine years of entertainment and basketball!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I see your point. JJ is a MUCH better shooter than Pat was over his career. Well, maybe when they play H-O-R-S-E.

Actually, I was just having some fun with you based on your location, so no harm intended.

Quite frankly, I've never been a Garrity fan, even in the earlier years. But I'm not going to blast him and suggest that the man couldn't shoot, because he could.

And nbr, your simple comment is right on the money, and a great synopsis of who he was.

Geez, I keep referring to him in the past tense like the poor guy is dead. Sorry, Pat.

I'm almost sure that he's referring to the past couple of seasons in which Pat has shot:

06-07 31.4 FG% - 34.4 3P%

07-08 33.8 FG% - 21.6 3P%

Anyways, Pat, good memories, some bad memories. In his prime I would say that he was probably the second best spot-up shooter in Magic history behind 3D. Good luck Pat.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm almost sure that he's referring to the past couple of seasons in which Pat has shot:

06-07 31.4 FG% - 34.4 3P%

07-08 33.8 FG% - 21.6 3P%

Anyways, Pat, good memories, some bad memories. In his prime I would say that he was probably the second best spot-up shooter in Magic history behind 3D. Good luck Pat.

TITY, I'm quite sure that is what he meant.

As I stated in the post, I was only having fun. Obviously Pat's production has suffered seriously over the last few years and it is more than time for him to move off of the court and into a broadcasting booth.

And your last statement is something I'd not really thought about. Obviously 3D is in a class by himself although, with playing time, JJ might have the opportunity to challenge him. Pat 2nd? Maybe. Reggie Theus and Nick come to mind (Kerr didn't really produce while he was here, so we can't count him), but I'd probably still have to lean toward Pat.

Wow, that's almost scary.

correction: I just looked at Theus stats. He's not even in the conversation. I based my response on reputation, not facts. Guilty as charged.