Sign in to follow this  
Caco

Yao vs. D12 - Rockets forum - Soooo funny

Personally from an unbiased view I would Take Dwight Howard over Yao Ming anyday.

Howard:

Stronger

More Physical

Rebounds Better

Blocks Better

Has better Coaching

Potential

longer career

healthier

alot healthier lol

and relatively the same moves close to the basket

However Yao definately has:

ft

height

midrange shot

passing

court vision.....

what are these guys thinking.....

Dwight Howard For sure.....

oh yeah and btw.....dwight gets doubled all the time.....

and yao can be guarded by dwight

and maxiell

That wasn't too bad. Not any more biased than asking a Magic board about Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

That wasn't too bad. Not any more biased than asking a Magic board about Dwight.

My only problems with the article were that it's horribly written, and also clearly written by someone who has watched a lot of Yao and very little of Dwight, and is relying mostly on stats.

And I swear, nothing will destroy your credibility faster than saying any starting center in the NBA not named Ben Wallace or Kwame Brown has "no post game".

"All Howard does is dunk, so he's guarded easily" seems to be a fun thing to repeat, but no one ever seems to explain why keeping a player with no post game who can only dunk is so hard to keep from dunking.

I was talking about the reply not the article. Even some of the poster said it was poorly written and that it was from bleacher report, therefore not worthy of taking seriously.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

True. But to say that D12 is not doubled EVER, and can be guarded one on one, seems like trying to undervalue him doesn't it? It's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Honestly, who cares? No GM in the league would pick Yao over Dwight. Let's just put it this way...

All these details put into effect, if the Rockets had Dwight instead of Yao, T-Mac would of made it out of the first round by now.

comical. thats the word. comical.

come on guys. let's not listen to their childish comments. that's some of the most biased bull I've seen in awhile. we all know that in the end, Dwight will without a doubt be the better player...he'll be in the HOF. and if (big IF) Yao makes the HOF it will be because he built the basketball bridge between Asia and USA if you get my drift.

and to say Yao is the better shot blocker and the HANDS DOWN best defender is beyond me.

and I don't understand how those guys just seem to forget about ages? you know, Dwight is only 22 and Yao is 27. Dwight is coming out of College...but with 4 years of NBA experience under his belt.

Yao is a pansy. Dwight is a man. ya dig?

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

If Yao's the best center in the NBA, then GW Bush is the greatest American president of all time...

W isn't the greatest exxon/mobile president ever, oh wait, I forgot he sucks whale dork. Back on topic. This is crazy talk, how many double teams does Yao get when he is wearing street clothes? How many boards does he pull with a boot on his foot? Its like saying my broken down porche is better than your finely tuned corvette. I really don't care if Dwight dunks a lot, isn't it the easiest way to score? One knucklehead on their board was talking about dwight getting dunked on but, I can't imagine it was worse than this.

If those tards were honest and were given the choice between the two players who do you think they would choose?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Honestly, who cares? No GM in the league would pick Yao over Dwight. Let's just put it this way...

indeed. And no Rockets fan would turn their nose to a trade in which they could acquire Yao for Dwight straight up. They're just defending a player they know they're stuck with.