Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Shawn Marion to the Magic? Updates on Carter, Lewis--(Steve Kyler, Hoopsworld)

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by New Managment Please:

I dont know if you all remember this, but one of the offers for Tracy McGrady was Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson for Mcgrady and a few players at the time. We persisted to want Marion and Stodemire and they pulled the offer. Looking back, this trade would have been sick, even though johnson probably would have signed somewhere else anyway.

You just gave me another reason to hate Weispuck.

Yeah but if we would have have them on our team, we would not have been able to draft Fran that next year because our record would have been too good.....We all know how good Fran turned out to be.....

Now Seriously, that would have been great. But it didn't happen. We have to deal with it. I am not sure it would be a good fit with the team. That is also a lot of money, 16 mil. That would make him our franchise star, along with Dwight. I guess I would like to see it happen, but I am not sure how that will affect our team and if it would be positive.

First of all the hockey guy was offered Marion, Casey Jacobsen, and the 1st round pick for T-Mac. Hockey guy wanted Joe Johnson to be in the trade and that is why he went with the Rockets deal instead. That pick by the way was traded to the Bulls who drafted Luol Deng. Can you imagine Shawn Marion and Luol Deng for T-Mac.

As for Marion I would love to have him and would be very, very hungry to prove he belongs as a franchise player.

It would probably take some combo of Darko, Turk, Arroyo and a future 1st round pick. Darko would really thrive in Phoenix where they move the ball so well and would allow him to play on the outside more.

You guys are nuts. Although Marion is a top tier player and definitely under-rated, 16.4 million is a lot of loot. Two max deal contracts between him and Dwight and that leaves us how much to field the rest of our roster? Only about 27 million for the remainder of our 15 man roster. That's an average of just more than 2 million per player.

The one thing I will say though about this Summer is...I am very much looking forward to watching all the player movement. There will be a lareg number of big names being tossed around. That combined with a stellar draft and the NBA looks far different next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

I think the Magic should explore getting Corey Maggette from the CLippers, who are gonna miss the playoffs and most likely will shake things up.

I have commented on this before. I would bring him over in no time. Not sure how much he makes, or what it would take, but LA is always talking about moving him. Problem is, why do they want to get rid of him so bad, the past two years or so, and no one has made the deal. Makes you wonder.

quote:

quote:

I think the Magic should explore getting Corey Maggette from the CLippers, who are gonna miss the playoffs and most likely will shake things up.

I have commented on this before. I would bring him over in no time. Not sure how much he makes, or what it would take, but LA is always talking about moving him. Problem is, why do they want to get rid of him so bad, the past two years or so, and no one has made the deal. Makes you wonder.

Ask and you shall receive!!Mobley makes more than Maggette

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think the Magic should explore getting Corey Maggette from the CLippers,

why do they want to get rid of him so bad, the past two years or so, and no one has made the deal. Makes you wonder.

That is because Corey, being a very good offensive player, questionable on D and takes plays off, is always on the IR and has been a cancer in the locker room, while making a fairly large amount of money.......has become his own worse enemy!!!

QUOTE]

even though marion is a good player, i would opt for other players. i still think gerald wallace is the guy we should target. ariza and wallace are both younger, cheaper, and have arguably as much upside as marion does. giving up turk, darko, and arroyo + 1st rounder is too much productivity for one player, unless its garnett or shaq or someone like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

Ask and you shall receive!!Mobley makes more than Maggette

I wouldn't mind that 7-8 mill for him....There is still the injury question. As far as cancer, he might just need a change to a winning team...or let's say a better historied franchise