Sign in to follow this  
JSicamore

Why the Magic suck at drafting, did you see Rudy Fernandez play??

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

Hopefully after watching the Olympics now you know who Rudy Rodriguez is.

Nope. Can't say that I do.

I didn't think that I had taken any Oxycoton today. Then I read the first two pages of this thread and began to wonder.

Then I read Iboned's post about how foreign players are held down by the Man (aka, any NBA coach) meanwhile NBA all-stars become average during international play and I figured that the world had righted itself back to "normal."

Then I read Jareth's post.

Conclusion: drugs er bayud...mmmkay??

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Look at Arroyo. He kills in PR, but come NBA season, he is mediocre.

You mean the trashing he and his team gave the NBA stars in the olympics didn't count? Many foreign players fail in the NBA because they are asked to limit their role to a specific function within the coach's playmaking that hinders the potential of their performance. One good example is Hedo's role until this year when given a more prominent role, he showed his all star potential. Thats the reason many leave early specially when the money is flowing better in international leagues. Also note how some star players look average when given limited roles in their national team, like the USA olympic team, where stars where spending much time in the bench and had to cut down on their offensive side, like Reid, Boozer and Prince. The European league tends to diminish the star role of individual players and prefers focusing on team playing and sharing playing time. Of course this would affect the sales of Jerseys, bobbleheads, product sponsorship and perhaps attendance here.

I'm confused Ibone... does the NBA limit a players role, and thus make a prominent FIBA player look mediocre, or does the Euro league style limit roles, and thus make a player look mediocre. Finally, if both of these are true, then how does a guy like Carlos flourish in FIBA tournaments? It isn't by playing a team role like you say Euro leagues do, it's by pushing him into the 'star' role like you say the NBA does to certain players.

And no, when someone says Carlos plays well for PR, but that his game didn't translate to the NBA, OBVIOUSLY the PR team beating team USA does not discount that point of view, it reinforces it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

sasmith300.jpg

"This post is worse than SLAVA MEDVEDENKO"

You don't post on Genmay do you?

I have no idea what that is.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I'm confused Ibone... does the NBA limit a players role, and thus make a prominent FIBA player look mediocre, or does the Euro league style limit roles, and thus make a player look mediocre. Finally, if both of these are true, then how does a guy like Carlos flourish in FIBA tournaments? It isn't by playing a team role like you say Euro leagues do, it's by pushing him into the 'star' role like you say the NBA does to certain players.

And no, when someone says Carlos plays well for PR, but that his game didn't translate to the NBA, OBVIOUSLY the PR team beating team USA does not discount that point of view, it reinforces it.

Echo, you don't understand. It's simply not good enough to commend Carlos on his obvious talents in FIBA basketball. By saying his talents don't translate well to the NBA, you are clearly saying that he sucks at basketball.

As soon as you cross that line, FIBA rules state that arguments may be pulled directly from anal cavities and used in defense of any player, regardless of how contradictory those arguments may be to one another.

What I'm trying to say is that you're wrong and Ibone is right.