Sign in to follow this  
JSicamore

Why the Magic suck at drafting, did you see Rudy Fernandez play??

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

The incompetence of the Orlando Magic at drafting is appalling (Lee was an easy one, sorry boys but that doesn't count, my grandma could've made this pick). I'm happy we now have someone like Lee, hopefully in 2 or 3 years we could be comparing the two.

So what would have happened if the Magic picked Rudy Rodriguez (non-existent player) in a draft in which they had no first round picks? Would that have not counted as well because it was so easy? Or would you have given the Magic credit for making a good pick?

If Lee was a good pick, then the Magic deserve credit for making a good pick. You can't say it doesn't count because it was obvious and then criticize the Magic for not making what you think is an obvious choice.

You fail on so many levels, Sicamore. It's astounding.

This thread is fantastic. I'm just glad Sicamore gave us permission to hate on his post because he left us with so much material that I wouldn't know where to begin.

The logic is very obvious. All of the good picks the Magic have made don't count because they were obvious picks and they are fully responsible for the great players they have overlooked. It doesn't even matter that pratically every team in the league passed on Fernandez....Otis is an idiot.

Are we basing how good somebody is by how they played in the Olympics now? With international rules and everything else? Heck, Carlos Arroyo was a great international basketball player, why do you think so many people expected so much of him...when in actuality, he's just not a good NBA player. Sometimes, you just dont know in the NBA.

I can only imagine what the reaction would have been had we picked a player from Spain who may or may not have been ready to come over. The flood gates would have come down.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

The incompetence of the Orlando Magic at drafting is appalling (Lee was an easy one, sorry boys but that doesn't count, my grandma could've made this pick).

PS: Feel free to hate on my comments all you want

Sicamore, why don't you let grandma write your posts, they couln't be as bad as yours.

I have a solution to all of this..

Come on Otis, let's take this bad boy to 88mph and go back in time to the 2007 NBA Draft...

future460.jpg

June 28th, 2007

NBA_Draft_Board.jpg

24nba-600.jpg

"There has been a trade. The Uhlando Magics have traded chunk change for the 27th pick in the NBA Draft. The Magic are now on the clock."

stephen_a_smith_1.jpg

"This quite frankly is an outrage ta society"

24nba-600.jpg

"With the 27th pick in the NBA Draft, the Uhlando Magics select Rudy Rodriguez from Somewhere over there."

stephen_a_smith_1.jpg

"Ya gotta wonda wut da Magics was thinkin when they selected this man. Dey just got done picking da phenom known as Fran Vasquez 2 years ago who's yet ta show up ta Disney World, and JJ Redick who hasn't seen da light of day yet at the same position. We now join Rudy in at his press conference."

large_rudy.jpg

"Though I would love to come to the states, I have elected to stay in Spain and further my relatio...development with my team. I appreciate the chance the Magic have provided for me."

stephen_a_smith_1.jpg

"Just stunning"

Vasquez_Fran_orl_05-10-31.jpg

"lolz lolz lolz"

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

It's over. Jareth wins post of the year right now.

+1. HILARIOUS!!