Sign in to follow this  
JSicamore

Why the Magic suck at drafting, did you see Rudy Fernandez play??

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

Fernandez was sold to Portland for chunk change (PHX already had Barbosa)(I personally think Rudy is already a better all-around player),

Just in case some of you are unfamiliar with this term, I will explain:

Chunk Change - Loose change used to buy rocky road ice cream.

Chunk change can be found in common areas, such as; stuck in the cushions of a couch, on the floor at the arcade, laying around the dresser in the bad guys hide out, treasure chests in old forgotten pirate ships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxCAEay5b_I

Baby Ruth??

Fernandez is a good player, FOR HIS NATIONAL TEAM!

even if we got this guy, he would be what, our 3rd string small forward? he looked good yes, but **** he's not that good. He won't do shyt in the NBA. He'll be 3rd string in Portland behind Outlaw and probably brandon rush or Webster. This guy isnt that great, and I'm glad the magic didnt pick him, he looks like a baby too, just like Gasol. I don't like babies.

Don't get all hyped about this kid over 1 game...

Look at Arroyo. He kills in PR, but come NBA season, he is mediocre.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

We didn't even have a draft pick two years ago.

As far as Rubio, I was impressed. Very smooth, plays under control. It will probably be a few years before he's in thee NBA however.

My bad.. I think it was last year's draft then

We had (2) an early to mid pick used on a player we later traded away for cash, and then a very late one, where we picked Radmanovic and also traded him away for cash. That's all Otis did that draft. Remember his famous quote "this team doesn't need to get any younger", "I'm happy with the team we have". With that mentality, no surprise he sat on his behind and didn't even take a look a blossoming talent such as this Spanish player.

Fernandez was sold to Portland for chunk change (PHX already had Barbosa)(I personally think Rudy is already a better all-around player),

Heck, just for the money the Magic got out selling those 2 picks, they could've gotten him!

Radmanovic? Am I missing something from my Magic History?

All foreign players apparently suffer from being completely interchangeable, as long as they have names that sound vaguely, and I mean very vaguely, similar.

Hey, you guys remember when we traded Kelvin Cato to Detroit for Dirk Nowitski? That was awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

Fernandez is a good player, FOR HIS NATIONAL TEAM!

even if we got this guy, he would be what, our 3rd string small forward? he looked good yes, but **** he's not that good. He won't do shyt in the NBA. He'll be 3rd string in Portland behind Outlaw and probably brandon rush or Webster.

I doubt he'll be in the rotation behind Rush on account of Rush playing for the Pacers.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

We didn't even have a draft pick two years ago.

As far as Rubio, I was impressed. Very smooth, plays under control. It will probably be a few years before he's in thee NBA however.

My bad.. I think it was last year's draft then

We had (2) an early to mid pick used on a player we later traded away for cash, and then a very late one, where we picked Radmanovic and also traded him away for cash. That's all Otis did that draft. Remember his famous quote "this team doesn't need to get any younger", "I'm happy with the team we have". With that mentality, no surprise he sat on his behind and didn't even take a look a blossoming talent such as this Spanish player.

Heck, just for the money the Magic got out selling those 2 picks, they could've gotten him!

Radmanovic? Am I missing something from my Magic History?

I think he meant Milovan Rakovic but we didn't actually pick him Dallas did, we picked Rashawn Terry.

So lets review we suck at drafting for not picking Rudy Rodriguez (who doesn't exist)in a draft that we had no pick. We could have picked him up for "Chunk Change" and Vlad Rad was who we picked, then sent him back in time to the Sonics. I think I know who JSicamore is! It's NBA HOF PF Karl Malone!

If you are going to criticize the team and GM at least get your info straight, it helps with credibility.

I thought he played very well. I see alot of people saying how impressed they were with Rubio, but Fernandez was very impressive. He wouldnt fit on our team unless he was in our SG rotation. But we got like 4 of them already. His best fit would be Portland.

quote:
Look at Arroyo. He kills in PR, but come NBA season, he is mediocre.

You mean the trashing he and his team gave the NBA stars in the olympics didn't count? Many foreign players fail in the NBA because they are asked to limit their role to a specific function within the coach's playmaking that hinders the potential of their performance. One good example is Hedo's role until this year when given a more prominent role, he showed his all star potential. Thats the reason many leave early specially when the money is flowing better in international leagues. Also note how some star players look average when given limited roles in their national team, like the USA olympic team, where stars where spending much time in the bench and had to cut down on their offensive side, like Reid, Boozer and Prince. The European league tends to diminish the star role of individual players and prefers focusing on team playing and sharing playing time. Of course this would affect the sales of Jerseys, bobbleheads, product sponsorship and perhaps attendance here.

quote:
Watch and learn! We're not going anywhere with Jameer Nelson, sorry boys

Have You not been watching the magic? Nelson started on the bench and earned his way to the starting position. The next year we make it to the playoffs, last year we made it to the second round of the playoffs. Thats 3 years of the Magic GOING SOMWHERE!!! This year when the Magic make it to the 3rd round we will have gone even farther! How can people say were not going anywhere when our wins have been going up for 4 seasons! When we start taking steps backward instead of FOOOWAAARD! Then Ill say were not going anywhere...Maybe