Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Going For Gold - Team USA vs Spain

Spanishs are playing their hearts out. I still dont understand Krizewsky, who does not give the ball to Howard and sits Wade and Paul, when clearly are playing better than the awful Kidd and non-existent Kobe.

Props to Navarro, Rudy and Ricky in Spain, and Wade, Paul in USA

Wow, The team that has Rudy (I think the Blazers) are instantaneous contender for next season. This kid is the next diamond.

And Wade...what else cam I say? He won the gold for USA. And someone said he is overrated.

Ricky Rubio, Navarro and Gasol put on a show. Kobe and LeBron helped, and Coach K sucks, I cannot believe how he sucks Kobe

quote:
Originally posted by The Steal:

Spain stepped up and played a great game .

I have more respect for NBA officials after witnessing these clowns from FIBA.

Now hang some Gold on my boy.

USA.

Really?

Are you serious?

It was like a NBA game, FIBA rules are really different from that, and don't allow a lot of the things that USA players do.

With FIBA rules applied, the redemption team would have gotten a tougher game than that.

Prop to Spain, without Calderon and playing with no PG for a lot of minutes, they've made the final a very interesting one.

I'm very very happy for Dwight.

Not talking about FIBA rules , I am talking about calls that are made vs. calls that are not . They took consistently confusing calls to a new level. All teams were on the recieving end. It was somthing that played out in every game I watched.

That was a great game. A straight up BATTLE. Spain played better than i expected. Navarro with them floaters was killing USA. The Gasol brothers was controling the paint. And their entire team showed heart. This game was like an playoff game. Lot of emotion on every possesion. I was getting worried at the end for USA cause Spain wasnt backing off easy. This was definitely of the Olympics greatest games. Nice finale.

Congratulations to this US team and all teams competing.

As I've stated once before, the professionalism shown by the US program and its approach toward these games has been well received. Its shown a respect to the tournament and the International teams competing. It takes more than individual talent and you had that in spades, but throughout this tournament, this US squad played and worked like a team!

On the game. Incredible. I'm furious at the telecast over here, however for the 3/4 I saw, incredible. Never had any doubt Spain could challenge this US team. I took very little away from the prior blow out, due to my experience of watching the Spaniards in competitions past. This gold for the US was never going to come easy, at least I didn't believe so and it was great to see my thoughts live up to expectation because its good for the game. The game continues to grow around the world.

Its bloody great!

quote:
Collins' love affair with Bosh is getting ridiculous. "Bosh did a good job there" after Pau Gasol got straight 3 offensive rebounds.

Seriously, what is Collins' deal? He'd hate on Dwight's offense every chance he got and completely ignore Bosh being destroyed on the defensive end.

Can't stand the Spainish or Argentine team by the way. Flopping is killing basketball.

I couldnt believe what i just seen. This cant be true. OMG Did Dwight just get posterized by Rudy Fernandez!!!!!! *** happen. D12 i never seen you get dunked that nasty before. What happen bro.