Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

The Official Carlos Arroyo appreciation Thread

quote:
How in the hell is Travis Diener in the NBA and Carlos Arroyo isn't, that's what I'd like to know. NBA GM's know more than fans...ya right.

one word- money.

I also find it weird that no NBA team signed him. Maybe he hopes a great year in Israel will get him the 4 year deal he wanted in the states but it could be hard to get 5 million per year.

Anyway thank you Carlos for always playing and handling yourself with professionalism and good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I also find it weird that no NBA team signed him. Maybe he hopes a great year in Israel will get him the 4 year deal he wanted in the states but it could be hard to get 5 million per year.

Anyway thank you Carlos for always playing and handling yourself with professionalism and good luck.

I think he had offers, but turned them down for the money he received from Tel Aviv.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think he had offers, but turned them down for the money he received from Tel Aviv.

Its weird to see a slight changing of the guard. For so many years it was a goal of international players to play in the NBA but the money was always greater as well. Now they are getting more money to play in Europe and a couple of good international players have jumped at the oppurtunity. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a trend or not. I cannot really fathom an all-star level player going over there but we might see a few more mid-level 6th men types like Childress do it for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

Too late for the thread.

Los hipocritas con las manos arriba yeah!

Next time we need permission from you or Rodriguez to post something, we'll give you a call in Israel.

In the meantime, I'll simply say that Skywise and KITNO expressed it best.

Thanks, Los.

I haven't seen the terms of Arroyo's contract but I'm sure it came down to the money. He was probably offered a pretty lengthy contract to play on a very good Israeli team. He's a dangerous international point guard. That should be a excellent fit for him. There's no doubt in my mind that he could still play in the NBA for several more years.

Good luck Carlos.

First, I'd like to say that I am one of those "fans" who became interested in Magic because of Arroyo. It's not a sin, sometimes teams simply gain support because of a specific player rather than from their geographical location. I tried to remain mostly silent and objective although I read the forum from time to time.

I do get very annoyed by the posters who spend day and night defending Arroyo, not so much for their arguments but for the amount of posts. Things are better said with less words.

I'd like to point out however a humble opinion... Behind all the ugly and irrational discussions, insults, etc. there was a very true controversy in regards to Arroyo. When he played decent minutes his production was good and the team won as often, yet in the end he was treated like another expendable bench fixture. PLEASE do not respond to this; no more need for debates at this point. I say let's just remember Carlos's tenure with the Magic for his maturity and professionalism in handling the situation... He was always ready to play or sit on the bench with the same enthusiasm.

I will still check on the Magic once in a while. I hope they do well with the new transactions. Aside from that I thank you for all the entertainment the forum provided as I killed time on airports, medical offices etc.

Goodbye and Good Luck!

quote:
I wonder why the Heat havent picked Arroyo up. He fits their team more than ours. He wouldve had D Wade, Marion, and Beasley as go to weapons. The Heat would need a pg like him. A veteren type passing pg. Oh well wish him the best.

Good question, the Heat were trying to unload J.Williams last season and Carlos is more solid.

The Magic didn't do a great job of showcasing him and Stan Van Grumpy was downright foolish in not continuing giving Carlos good minutes after the team won a good % of games he started, but he'll be tearing it up in the Euroleagues without a doubt.

The Heat picked up Mario Chalmers, i'm not familiar with his college game, do you think will he be any better than a guy like Arroyo or jWill?

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Carlos came in and looked more reliable than Jameer at times. I don't see why he couldn't find a NBA job with some of the scrubs I've see get attention this offseason.

Adios Los!

It might have come down to choosing a team where he is be the main passer and one of the main scoring options. His game fits the European game very well. He knew he wasn't going to get that opportunity in any of the clubs that were interested in him like NY, etc. Israel is a good place to live and play, I'd say good choice.