Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Michael Jordan says Dwight is not the best center today

Outside of being one of the greatest basketball players of all times, Michael's kind of a doooosh. And since he doesn't play anymore?

Ummmmm...yeah: Michael? Shut the eff up.

well cali depends what you mean by evaluating,because last time i check if you was a good basketball player you should be able to recognize talent.

The guy is smart maybe some of you see him as a dumb *** just cuz of dwith howard coments,howard is a real good player but not the best yet,but i believe he will get there and in a fast way.

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

well cali depends what you mean by evaluating,because last time i check if you was a good basketball player you should be able to recognize talent.

The guy is smart maybe some of you see him as a dumb *** just cuz of dwith howard coments,howard is a real good player but not the best yet,but i believe he will get there and in a fast way.

As ThisIsTheYear quoted, Jordan said he would actually take Shaq, present day for the Olympic team over Dwight. He can't be serious. Not to mention completely ignoring Carmelo Anthony even though he's clearly our best international player. Dude clearly has no concept of international basketball and its his kind of mindset that put that nightmare of a 2004 Olympic team out in Athens. But a fantasy roster together can't beat the best in the world anymore, it takes an actual team.

Bottom line, Michael Jordan is the best player ever this side of Wilt Chamberlain and a great businessman. But NBA executive and talent evaluator?

Kwame Brown with the 1st pick. Case closed. End of story.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

MJ cost Dwight a shot at back to back dunk titles.

watch your back!

p1.mj.jpg

GET 'EM NICK!!!

Ho0nestly, MJ is the baller of all ballers, and I deeply respect him as an athlete and the most historical sports icon of our time. However, his judgemental, quick and unfactual assesments of players in the league today is flawed.

The entire NBA knows it, Dwight Howard is the leagues best performing center, and will be a respected figure for years to come.

It's science, look it up.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard.

I could debate that statement, but last time I checked Yao could not play for Team USA!

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

i hate to say it but all you guys that are bashing on jordan must be kids,a guy that has acomplish what maybe putting all your family members cant acomplish.

the guy has money and knows the busness field,for the ones that dont know check what was his major and what kind of degree the guy got,certaintly he was not only a good or greatest basketball player to ever lived.

do some more research.

That may well be the only post basketball accomplishment that he could be credited for Alex,and I do understand that he is an NBA icon, as a player.....but even in your defense of him you failed to answer the question!

What has he accomplished as an NBA EXEC?? This is where my research has lead me, and here are the results -0- ZERO, nothing in the form of draft picks, significant trades, his teams (Wizzards and Bobcats) collectivley produced Kwame Brown and the Bobcats 1st rd pick of 08, that still have most analysist scratching their heads! So Alex, please tell us what has been missed in MJ's Executive experience to date...PLEASE?

To make things clear, this isn't Puerto Rico's Michael Jordan. This is USA dooshe Michael Jordan who gave Dwight's dunk an 8 but gave Green's same dunk a 10.

... I just have a feeling that was a bad joke, but meh. It's all in good fun.

Oh and yes, Jordan hasn't done anything after his NBA career that would make me believe he is an acceptable evaluator of talent. Otis would curbstomp him in that department, and that's telling a whole lot. Other people have posted bits on why he's not a good evaluator of talent, haven't seen anybody post anything to state the contrary.

depends on what your referring to...the most dominant center in the NBA yes, the most skilled and savvy definetly not. There are a lot of parts to his game he needs to shore up, passing out of double teams and passing in general, jump shot, taking care of the ball, etc. Right now what he has working for him is his athletic ability and strength which is great, but some players it simply doesn't work against

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

Yao Ming is better than Dwight Howard.

I could debate that statement, but last time I checked Yao could not play for Team USA!

uhh...because he plays for team china?

It's just Jordan's opinion anyways. I'm sure Spurs fans would argue that Duncan is the best center in the league, and some Rockets fans would argue Yao is better.

At the end of the day, according to last years stats, Dwight is the best center in the league. That stat should carry on for the forseeable future.