Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

kill Turk for Artest rumors; Artest to Houston

Here is the ESPN.com link confirming it....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510261

I love this quote from it:

quote:
In Houston, Artest would team with Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming to form one of the toughest trios in the NBA.

Um...hello? Seriously? If this trio is "tough" then all the toughness is arriving with Artest. McGrady and Ming haven't been tough a single day in their NBA lives. And all three of these players missed significant time last year.

Tough? Get real!

Houston was already a good defensive team and now they add a former defensive player of the year.

Also I would like to hear KLR's reasoning on why he spends so much time on the magic message boards because that has been a question i have been meaning to ask.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

KLR, it's time to end these charades, you're clearly a Magic fan posing as a Pistons fan who hates the Magic, when in actuality, you hate the Pistons and have nothing but love for the Magic.

Do I make myself clear?

Dammit! I have been exposed!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Here is the ESPN.com link confirming it....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510261

I love this quote from it:

quote:
In Houston, Artest would team with Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming to form one of the toughest trios in the NBA.

Um...hello? Seriously? If this trio is "tough" then all the toughness is arriving with Artest. McGrady and Ming haven't been tough a single day in their NBA lives. And all three of these players missed significant time last year.

Tough? Get real!

Maybe he really meant Battier, Artest and Scola.

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

Non-homeristic view? Who the F cares about the Pistons, and if artest could coexist with the fans there.

Well I for one would have loved to see Joe "D" roll him out on the floor, all the while being pelted by the cups, bottles and loosly bolted down seats from the upper deck of the Malice @ Auburn hills!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

I know may of you on this board are Ron Artest haters and drink the bule kool aid too much; but they got this guy for a steal. Come on Bobby Jackson, some fillers, and a low first round pick in 2009. I am sorry but this guy even if we had him for one year would have been a great fit for us. We would have had two lock down defenders and could have had a great chance to win the east. Instead he goes to one of the best defensive teams in the league that one 50 plus games. Like ESPN said even if they rent him for a year they made out great on the trade. Again as a Magic fan very tough for me to figure out what Otis is thinking. I guess we just have to face facts that as tax players in Orlando we are building them a $400 million dollar arena for a small market team that is capped out through 2015 with no help insight since we draft horrible and will not pay over the cap. God I pray we are trying to work some deal for Josh Smith...

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

I know may of you on this board are Ron Artest haters and drink the bule kool aid too much; but they got this guy for a steal. Come on Bobby Jackson, some fillers, and a low first round pick in 2009. I am sorry but this guy even if we had him for one year would have been a great fit for us. We would have had two lock down defenders and could have had a great chance to win the east. Instead he goes to one of the best defensive teams in the league that one 50 plus games. Like ESPN said even if they rent him for a year they made out great on the trade. Again as a Magic fan very tough for me to figure out what Otis is thinking. I guess we just have to face facts that as tax players in Orlando we are building them a $400 million dollar arena for a small market team that is capped out through 2015 with no help insight since we draft horrible and will not pay over the cap. God I pray we are trying to work some deal for Josh Smith...

We dont have a Donte Green to trade to the Kings. We could only offer them a Hedo one year rental. They probably saw Green tear up the summer league, and were convinced that he has all-star potential. Plus they get Jackson's 7 mill expiring.

Either way, this was a huge move by the Rockets, but we had no way of offering a better package, since they wouldnt want Lee, bc they are loaded at SG.