Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

PISTONS Get Bigger... Pick up Kwame Brown!! LINK!!!

$4 mil a year for Kwame? hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahha. Wait, let me catch my breath...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhhahahahahahah.

Nearly as funny is the "OMG what do we do with Kwame on the floor with the 2nd unit?!?!" We either a) keep Dwight out there to abuse him, B) watch Rashard blow by him or drain 3's over him if he's playing the 4, or c) throw Gortat out there to bang around with him. I'd have taken him for the minimum, but $4 mil/year is hilarious.

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

Kwame wasn't what we needed, he's a big body yes, a descent rebounder yes, but we need some offense to.

4 mill is about right for a descent c-Pf, but that's all he is descent at best.

I'm really confused Erik. Why do we need more offense? If Kwame could score he would be making a whole lot more than 4 mil a season. He's big and he can rebound....he's exactly what we need.

This is a good signing for the Pistons. He makes a tough frontline even tougher.

That can't possibly be real. How many men did you have to stare at before you found that picture Rich? ;-)

lol at the comment by emory... but you can't take this signing sitting down, i remember dwight getting defenders thrown at him all series, and det didn't care if all of them fouled out, this is just another literal slap in the face, or slap on the arms. a guy that big, and with such a heavy arm swinging at anyone can cause damage, they didn't sign him for his skills, this is an obvious signing for 6 more fouls against dwight, or even garnett, in the playoffs, and i thought the guy had enough last year to tell you the truth.

so far, the pistons, the sixers, and the raptors have added guys to counter the magic/celtics frontcourt in the playoffs, or so it seems, i like shard, but i don't think he can take alot of front court battles, maybe stan van will actually put two big men in the game for once

So we counter by throwing another crappy big man out there to counter their crappy big man? No, that's just letting them dictate the terms of the game, and not keeping our best 5 players on the floor. I don't get how people don't understand this, or overlook the fact that Shard played well in the Det. series because of the mismatches he got. He averaged 20 points, 6 boards, and 2.4 assists, all higher than his season averages, while thoroughly outplaying Rasheed Wallace. And he actually didn't shoot the ball very well. The one game he did shoot well, he went for 33/6/5, and we blew them out.

Finally, as people seem to keep forgetting, we were a few plays/calls/shots/lucky breaks from winning that series 4-1 instead of losing. I think we could use another backup big to hack it up, but at the minimum. $4 mil for Kwame is a crazy panic move, especially for a team already deep there.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

So we counter by throwing another crappy big man out there to counter their crappy big man? No, that's just letting them dictate the terms of the game, and not keeping our best 5 players on the floor. I don't get how people don't understand this, or overlook the fact that Shard played well in the Det. series because of the mismatches he got. He averaged 20 points, 6 boards, and 2.4 assists, all higher than his season averages, while thoroughly outplaying Rasheed Wallace. And he actually didn't shoot the ball very well. The one game he did shoot well, he went for 33/6/5, and we blew them out.

Finally, as people seem to keep forgetting, we were a few plays/calls/shots/lucky breaks from winning that series 4-1 instead of losing.

Im telling you my steroid guy will put up big numbers.

Emory I think you have some issues you may need worked out, homophobia is so 1970's.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I'm telling you my steroid guy will put up big numbers.

Well, obv. The question is whether or not we can fit him under the luxury tax, or even in a uniform. Every time he scored, he'd probably rip his jersey off like Hulk Hogan.

quote:

quote:

Well, obv. The question is whether or not we can fit him under the luxury tax, or even in a uniform. Every time he scored, he'd probably rip his jersey off like Hulk Hogan.

Well, at least Hutch would have a replacement for Augie.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

quote:

ewwww, Mr Charisma, don't you know I like the scrawny ones? Have you forgotten Diener?

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

quote:

ewwww, Mr Charisma, don't you know I like the scrawny ones? Have you forgotten Diener?

LOL. Maybe we can sign Shawn Bradley for you.