ball junkie

Insider Info

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicHolland:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Does anyone have any personal stories about JJ being a responsible, humble guy? I know a lot of this stuff was in good fun, but it is troublesome to read info that questions his character over and over again.

Finally I can pitch in with some info :P I was in Orlando last February attending a few games. Before one of the games he was signing some stuff for some Magic fans and I tried to get him to sign my Redick photo but he already walked by me. So I was like, "JJ, I'm all the way from Holland, you gotta sign this". Then he stopped thought for a second and came back to sign my photo. I told him good luck, he said he appreciated the support.

Very humble person imo. He also seems to get along just fine with his teammates. I have a hard time believing he is what he is made out to be on here now.. I might be wrong though..

I also have a hard time beliving what people are saying about JJ..During games he seems to be getting along well, VERY well with Dwight Jameer and Lewis..To a point where they all sat at the end of the bench together..I also noticed when the team came out of the locker room, JJ was always with Dwight leading the team onto the court..Which may not mean anything, or could mean alot. I have met JJ once and he was a poilite person, and seemed pretty nice. I would like to hear what Denton has to tell BJ.. Because I am quite curious about the truth with this whole JJ fiasco.

Of course he's a nice guy, leave to ungrateful Orlando rednecks to hate our own player. The only person he obviously doesn't like (for obvious reasons) is Stan "mr. homeless" Van Dumby.

I'm willing to bet these people here hate him because he's popular with the girls.. does this silliness happen over there in Europe? I'm willing to bet not to this degree.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

Of course he's a nice guy, leave to ungrateful Orlando rednecks to hate our own player. The only person he obviously doesn't like (for obvious reasons) is Stan "mr. homeless" Van Dumby.

I'm willing to bet these people here hate him because he's popular with the girls.. does this silliness happen over there in Europe? I'm willing to bet not to this degree.

Of course he's a nice guy? Reasoning for that statement?

Funny that you bash 'Orlando Rednecks' for hating their own players, then bash SVG in the very next sentence.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Funny that you bash 'Orlando Rednecks' for hating their own players, then bash SVG in the very next sentence.

You mean he's a hypocrite? Wow I can't believe that. Ungrateful Orlando rednecks, do you even know anything about Orlando? Does this happen over in Europe? No, in some of their leagues, they throw things like batteries at people they don't like. But they definately don't say they don't like them.

If you can't come up with something better than "Mr. Homeless" or that stupid frickin Van Dumby (how many people have used that retarded name for Stan)please don't bother posting. At least come up with something original, if I have to read crap like that the least you could do is make it somewhat entertaining.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

You mean he's a hypocrite? Wow I can't believe that. Ungrateful Orlando rednecks, do you even know anything about Orlando? Does this happen over in Europe? No, in some of their leagues, they throw things like batteries at people they don't like. But they definately don't say they don't like them.

If you can't come up with something better than "Mr. Homeless" or that stupid frickin Van Dumby (how many people have used that retarded name for Stan)please don't bother posting. At least come up with something original, if I have to read crap like that the least you could do is make it somewhat entertaining.

JSicamore is one of those people who find perverse joy in instigating people. He was lurking around around playoff time with the same tired Van Gundy bashing sprinkled with insults to other board members and our fan base in general. More of a Heat fan, if I recall correctly.

A-hole in my book, and a waste of time.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

are jj's ball handling skills that bad that he can't bring itup the court and pass it to hedo?

... lol actually if he doesn't trust stan anymore he'd probably start launching them from the half court line.

The problem is the guy can't move laterally, he can't stay on front of anybody on defense, and he is a product of a system( can't create his own shot off the dribble), in other words, he sucks, lmfao...

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPhan732:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

are jj's ball handling skills that bad that he can't bring itup the court and pass it to hedo?

... lol actually if he doesn't trust stan anymore he'd probably start launching them from the half court line.

The problem is the guy can't move laterally, he can't stay on front of anybody on defense, and he is a product of a system( can't create his own shot off the dribble), in other words, he sucks, lmfao...

Ya know the JJ fans on this board won't exactly label me as a JJ fan, but even I won't go so far as to call him "a product of a system".

He broke all kinds of NCAA scoring records. Not Duke records. NCAA records.

By your logic, Tom Brady is also a product of a system. Joe Montana was just a product of a system. Magic Johnson was just a product of a system.

Exactly how do you define it when someone is "a product of a system"? Simply based on success at one place, and not as great of success at another? Any chance that it may be a result of other factors than just "the system"?

By far, this has to be the most ridiculous and over-used phrase in all of sports.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicHolland:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Does anyone have any personal stories about JJ being a responsible, humble guy? I know a lot of this stuff was in good fun, but it is troublesome to read info that questions his character over and over again.

Finally I can pitch in with some info :P I was in Orlando last February attending a few games. Before one of the games he was signing some stuff for some Magic fans and I tried to get him to sign my Redick photo but he already walked by me. So I was like, "JJ, I'm all the way from Holland, you gotta sign this". Then he stopped thought for a second and came back to sign my photo. I told him good luck, he said he appreciated the support.

Very humble person imo. He also seems to get along just fine with his teammates. I have a hard time believing he is what he is made out to be on here now.. I might be wrong though..

I also have a hard time beliving what people are saying about JJ..During games he seems to be getting along well, VERY well with Dwight Jameer and Lewis..To a point where they all sat at the end of the bench together..I also noticed when the team came out of the locker room, JJ was always with Dwight leading the team onto the court..Which may not mean anything, or could mean alot. I have met JJ once and he was a poilite person, and seemed pretty nice. I would like to hear what Denton has to tell BJ.. Because I am quite curious about the truth with this whole JJ fiasco.

I've read some really ignorant things in the time that I've been a member of this site but this is right at the top. You busted us: Orlando rednecks are jealous that JJ has success with girls. We love the rest of our players because they clearly struggle picking up women. Girls just don't find rich young athletes attractive....I don't understand it.

LOL, do you know what fans in Europe do? They dress up in monkey suits and throw bananas at black players. We have nothing, and I do mean NOTHING on them when it comes to underhanded tatics. BTW, JJ has gotten a standing ovation every time he has entered a friggin game so I don't see where you can say we hate him at all.

Do all of us a favor and don't reproduce. The last thing the world needs in another miserable excuse for a human being.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Okay, there was a person that attended the summer league last week that is a frequent poster on these boards. This person says people at RDV know who he/she is. This person sent me an e-mail with this info to me suggesting I post it so they could remain anonymous.

Here it is:

quote:

I have some info, though I wont post it as I did promise secrecy to the people that gave it to me. They know my nick but I have no problem with you posting it. It may even be info that has been posted already so it may be dated and something that you discard. Either way its up to you.

Three pretty relevant sources told me that JJ's problem isnt with his talent or defensive play, its the fact that he has NEVER shown up to one meeting or practice on time. There have even been a few occasions that theyve had to hold the plane on road trips because of his tardiness. Seems that his head is still pretty big from College. The Magic have gone as far as to contact Coach K from Duke to have a talk with JJ to try to get him onto the same page as the team and its not worked. Otis wanted to deal JJ at draft time, but no one wanted his services for more than a low 2nd rounder. He was also set to play the last day of summer camp and then decided at the last minute not to do so. There was a long meeting between Stan and JJ after the last game was over, though I dont know the details of that. They were barely cordial when JJ and Stan talked briefly, (I was sitting no more than 5 feet from Stan on the bleacher side of the court and heard most of what they said)

Mario Chalmers was also a priority and Otis wanted to spend the money to get him but was nixed by Vanderweide. Seems that Vanderweide is being very tight on the purse strings.

Armstrong is being tusseled around as a possible back up PG, but will probably be a last resort. Otis wants no part of him, but others are lobbying heavily.

Brian Cook looks great and has really worked hard on his shot and his weight and will have an expanded role on this team this coming year. I also overheard SVG and Malone talking about his hard work and that it will pay off for him this coming year.

These are things you may or may not know, and if you dont want to post any of this its fine, I just cant as I gave my word that I wouldnt divulge any info that I got.

I know some of you think Brian Cook is a complete waste. This insider info echoes what I have posted on various other threads about Brian Cook.

When I spoke to Keyon Dooling at a local basketball camp a couple of weeks ago he was raving about how immensely talented Cookie is but that getting intense with his conditioning and back into good/great shape was the only thing holding him back. This info would verify what I was told by Keyon. I'm certainly hoping he can be a contributing factor for us next year.

Actually I talked to several people about this post who are in the know with the Magic and they all laughed, but also said that this was nothing but slander, but you see this kind of thing on forums that's why Redick does't let it bother him.

Redick was late for one meeting his rookie season when he overslept he was fined and since that has been the only time that he was ever late for anything pertaining to the Magic. The same sources say that if Redick has done what this poster claims Redick would have been suspended from the team without pay and yes the press would have been all over this. Instead Redick is known as being the first to arrive and the last to leave the gym.

And yes it is know that Redick likes to let loose sometimes, but it is limited to the off season. And right now to weekends only since he is in training and has been training since the first week of June so that he will be in the best shape he can for the next season.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Okay, there was a person that attended the summer league last week that is a frequent poster on these boards. This person says people at RDV know who he/she is. This person sent me an e-mail with this info to me suggesting I post it so they could remain anonymous.

Here it is:

quote:

I have some info, though I wont post it as I did promise secrecy to the people that gave it to me. They know my nick but I have no problem with you posting it. It may even be info that has been posted already so it may be dated and something that you discard. Either way its up to you.

Three pretty relevant sources told me that JJ's problem isnt with his talent or defensive play, its the fact that he has NEVER shown up to one meeting or practice on time. There have even been a few occasions that theyve had to hold the plane on road trips because of his tardiness. Seems that his head is still pretty big from College. The Magic have gone as far as to contact Coach K from Duke to have a talk with JJ to try to get him onto the same page as the team and its not worked. Otis wanted to deal JJ at draft time, but no one wanted his services for more than a low 2nd rounder. He was also set to play the last day of summer camp and then decided at the last minute not to do so. There was a long meeting between Stan and JJ after the last game was over, though I dont know the details of that. They were barely cordial when JJ and Stan talked briefly, (I was sitting no more than 5 feet from Stan on the bleacher side of the court and heard most of what they said)

Mario Chalmers was also a priority and Otis wanted to spend the money to get him but was nixed by Vanderweide. Seems that Vanderweide is being very tight on the purse strings.

Armstrong is being tusseled around as a possible back up PG, but will probably be a last resort. Otis wants no part of him, but others are lobbying heavily.

Brian Cook looks great and has really worked hard on his shot and his weight and will have an expanded role on this team this coming year. I also overheard SVG and Malone talking about his hard work and that it will pay off for him this coming year.

These are things you may or may not know, and if you dont want to post any of this its fine, I just cant as I gave my word that I wouldnt divulge any info that I got.

I know some of you think Brian Cook is a complete waste. This insider info echoes what I have posted on various other threads about Brian Cook.

When I spoke to Keyon Dooling at a local basketball camp a couple of weeks ago he was raving about how immensely talented Cookie is but that getting intense with his conditioning and back into good/great shape was the only thing holding him back. This info would verify what I was told by Keyon. I'm certainly hoping he can be a contributing factor for us next year.

Actually I talked to several people about this post who are in the know with the Magic and they all laughed, but also said that this was nothing but slander, but you see this kind of thing on forums that's why Redick does't let it bother him.

Redick was late for one meeting his rookie season when he overslept he was fined and since that has been the only time that he was ever late for anything pertaining to the Magic. The same sources say that if Redick has done what this poster claims Redick would have been suspended from the team without pay and yes the press would have been all over this. Instead Redick is known as being the first to arrive and the last to leave the gym.

And yes it is know that Redick likes to let loose sometimes, but it is limited to the off season. And right now to weekends only since he is in training and has been training since the first week of June so that he will be in the best shape he can for the next season.

You make perfect sense. The holes you have poked on the story will be hard to patch.

No way we would not heard about it if there was an inch of truth.

IMO, Anyone who has 4 posts in a year and a half should be listened to.

You seem to know some people in the know, how about some more stuff from you.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Here it is:

quote:

You make perfect sense. The holes you have poked on the story will be hard to patch.

No way we would not heard about it if there was an inch of truth.

IMO, Anyone who has 4 posts in a year and a half should be listened to.

You seem to know some people in the know, how about some more stuff from you.

Unlike some people I don't feel the need to post that much I mostly read and only post when I feel the need is there and in this post from ball junkie the need was there.

BTW I talked to both the O.S. and Florida Today and neither of them had heard any of this. I sent them the post, which they told me that they never would post on their sites since it would be considered slander and that this kind of rumor would cost them money as in a lawsuit since both said there is nothing in that post based on the truth.

I challenge you to do the same and see what kind of reaction you get from either newspaper. You can even call the Magic and they will tell you the same since yes I called them as well.

So it doesn't matter how many times a person posts what matters is what that person posts.

quote:
You can even call the Magic and they will tell you the same since yes I called them as well.

Wait a minute....you called the Magic and they didn't spill all of their dark secrets to a person they don't know? I guess everything you say must be true then!