Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Do you think Orlando will get Maggette?

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

Maggette will get an offer higher than the MLE - he is not coming to Orlando.

Dead on!!!! It is nice that we have some consideration, but I don't think with all of the teams chasing him now (to include Detroit) he will not have to settle for the MLE! So let's move on to the guy who will make a difference on this team...."NOW"!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

2008 Orlando Magic Line Up:

Jameer/Dooling/Lowry

Maggette/ Lee/ Bogans

Rashard/ Hedo/Byars

Battie/ Doleac/Augustine

Dwight/ Kwame/Gortat

Book it!!!:-)

Five free agent signings, huh? Seems like a pretty busy off-season if you ask me. I'd be pleased with a PF alone, but 5 players?!

Keep up the optimism!

i hope so. BUT it does not seem as though we have made an offer. i just saw again more news on the celtics offering him full mle. talking about doc rivers and him go way back blah blah blah. he is even commenting on the situation "i would be willing to come off the bench". where is orlando's offer?!?! if i missed it please forgive but i have searched.

inside sources....i dont doubt you one bit bro but a spot on espn...nba.com.....something....you know what i mean. they all only talk about how we are front runners and this that and the other but NO mention of an actual offer. to at least see it confirmed would br great is all.

Just because Orlando doesn't run their mouths to the media doesn't mean we aren't active. Chad Ford never has ANY clue what we are doing, and therefor we assume we are doing nothing. Yet boom, Otis traded Ariza for Cook and Mo. Obviously we just keep our mouths shut.

To answer the original question no Knappy I do not believe we will get Maggette. So far the full mid-level has been given to Udrih, Diop, and Duhon. Maggette is a far superior player to these guys to say the least so I think he is going to wait until he absolutely has no choice but to sign for the mid-level. If he is true to his word and wants to play for a contender I see him signing in San Antonio for a 2 or 3 year deal. I do not think he will take the full five unless it has an opt out.

Also I am merging a couple of threads here but it seems like alot of people are frustrated because we have not heard anything out of our media. Otis whether or not you think he is smug does not run business through the media. On the other hand Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge having been on the other side are very friendly with the media and tend to give them more information than alot of teams which is why we are hearing about all this stuff with the Celtics plus they just won the championship so they are the team that is the biggest on the national radar. So far I have read that Philly, GS, Houston, Phoenix, LAL, Houston, New Orleans, San Antonio, Detroit, and Orlando are all interested and Im sure I have left some out but the point is we are not going to hear about every conversation, move, and meeting and its all pure speculation until he signs a contract somewhere.

I am not saying Otis is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat but if he does we wont know until its official.