Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

A season will never go by without people overthinking what happens in Summer League play. It's ok guys, it's nothing but glorified pickup games for rookies and guys hoping to be a 12th man on a roster.

A season will never go by without people overthinking what happens in Summer League play. It's ok guys, it's nothing but glorified pickup games for rookies and guys hoping to be a 12th man on a roster.

Damn it Berto.... I was really gauging our championship chances through this. Remember that one time we went undefeated in the preseason and didnt win the championship..... the glory days.

I was certainly upset about yesterday's game, but I think it's a good wake-up call for us. We stopped playing when we were up by 8 with two minutes left. I think it's a reminder to these guys who thought they would stroll in and win everything. Outside of that

• Lamb is playing with much more confidence. He's always had a shot, but he was lacking it during the season. He's taking it to the rack and is getting that swagger back.
  • Harkless is a natural slasher. He just doesn't have a consistent shot yet. When he releases it, it just doesn't look like he has a ton of control. It's either in or way off. I think we're going to need to give his jumper another year and his pull-up jumper another 2-3.
  • Vic you can tell has a killer instinct in him. He doesn't sneer like Kobe, but man does he want to win.
  • Nicolson is about at his ceiling unfortunately right now. Love his offensive repertoire, but he just hurts us in too many other ways when he's out on the floor. If he's ever going to get real minutes on a contender, he's going to need to lean to play amazing team defense because he's not becoming a stand-out one-on-one defender (or even average NBA defender) any-time soon.
  • I don't know about you guys, but I really want to see Tobias jump in there at some point. Would be great to see what Chemistry he, Moe, and Vic could develop.

I don't agree about Nicholson, athletically he's what he is but I'd think he'd be intelligent enough to learn how to position himself properly in order to succeed as a team defender. He and Vuc need to sit and watch Marc Gasol tapes over and over because he's not overly athletic but he's just great at positioning himself to help the team

Hope the "Oladipo at PG"-thing doesn't stretch much into the regular season. It may be an interesting experiment, and a good learning experience for him in a throwaway season, but I'd still rather see him at SG for the majority of time.

Hope the "Oladipo at PG"-thing doesn't stretch much into the regular season. It may be an interesting experiment, and a good learning experience for him in a throwaway season, but I'd still rather see him at SG for the majority of time.

It may not work but so far I have been impressed as hell by his PG play. I was able to attend the 2008 summer league in person when Westbrook was a rookie and Dipo's performance reminds me of Westbrook making his conversion to PG. Hennigan was just hired by the Thunder and had a first hand experience watching them convert a college SG to PG.

You can read some accounts of that summer on Draft express here.

Westbrook summer league

they sound a lot like the reviews Dipo has gotten from the media the past couple days.

The only reason to use a SVG sad smiley when talking about a summer league game is if someone gets injured. That's it.

Well I'll use SVG sad smiley whenever I please, thank you, but I agree with your point.

Even with the poor 4th quarter I'd much rather be us than the Thunder with Jeremy Lamb tweaking his ankle, their other guy (Smith?) totally spraining his ankle, and Jackson and Orton smashing their faces together.

It may not work but so far I have been impressed as hell by his PG play. I was able to attend the 2008 summer league in person when Westbrook was a rookie and Dipo's performance reminds me of Westbrook making his conversion to PG. Hennigan was just hired by the Thunder and had a first hand experience watching them convert a college SG to PG.

You can read some accounts of that summer on Draft express here.

Westbrook summer league

they sound a lot like the reviews Dipo has gotten from the media the past couple days.

Wow, that's interesting. Good find

Also the fact that summer league was taken from Dante and Galante is absurd. Those guys made it 100x better.

• Upvote 1