Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Nostalgia is underrated.

DOM has made me realize that this board is at its peak when the team is rising but hasn't reached top five in the NBA level yet. (making the playoffs for the first time in a while, winning the division for the first time in a while, etc.)

Also, us people who joined before 2009 are/were just plain awesome. There's no shame that the posters that follow don't measure up. ;)/> :shard:/>

Good times, good times.

Well, I just spent the past 30 minutes reading those old threads. Thank you very much, DoM.

I miss the give and take/comradery of like-minded posters that pushed the conversation into the weird and the weirdly profound. The new crop of posters from the past few years have essentially turned this board into a soapbox where actual discussion goes to die. Oh well, we had a nice run.

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/

try here

Updated first page with links to Vegas Summer League info. Like to change the title of this thread to "Official 2013 Summer League Thread" but don't think I'm able.

It's funny how some of us cursed Cutestory for bringing the cats and the lols and the gifs and the crazy.

And now we all miss it.

But I also think the reality is that our team is bad and many people lose interest. You will see the good times back on here when the Magic get back into playoff contention. I think we have one more year of slow times and then we will be back.

I am super happy so far with Oladipo. I had no idea the guy could play point and was going to be used at both positions. I saw him more of an Afflalo type defender guy, and he is far more electric than that.

The guy could easily be our best player on the team this year. It would not surprise me at all.

*Kool-Aid cup set back down

• Upvote 2

This was the highlight of Summer League for me....has to hold me over until training camp now.

dipo.gif

Can we draft Wiggins, trade Baby for Parker and then trade the rights to Fran for Smart?

My brain says it's very possible but if I'm not mistaken, my brain isn't very functional

PS. Hi guys

I have been struggling wondering if its a good thing or bad thing that Oladipo looks like he could be the best player on the team. Now Tobias didn't play summer league and one can only assume he would have dominated but still I like what I see.

I have been struggling wondering if its a good thing or bad thing that Oladipo looks like he could be the best player on the team. Now Tobias didn't play summer league and one can only assume he would have dominated but still I like what I see.

I think harris, nick and vic are going to be fun to watch.

Oh yea, deff a season to watch our young studs blossom and silently tank for Wiggins..while still looking like were really trying :creaturedance: some unexpected injuries or PED's may help

Vegas Summer League Update:

-Zeller seems to have found a groove after a crappy debut, two double-doubles so far.

-Porter got injured in yesterday's game but has generally looked worryingly bad so far; very weak handle and a thin frame. Not really asserting himself on either offense or defense either and I'm surprised at how shaky his jumper looks.

-McCollum seems to be getting a lot of attention because he's made some flashy plays including a sequence reminiscent of Tony Parker's awesome game winner shot in Game1 of the finals. But he's shooting 37% from the floor and has a 1:1 AST/TO ratio. Why did people insist he could be a point guard again? He struggled mightily against the Phoenix SL team when they blitzed him on the pick-and-rolls.

-McLemore was garbage his first two games but recovered a little bit yesterday. Still an incredibly limited player who needs a system tailored exactly to him. Also doesn't have a single assist in summer league so far.

McCollum and B Mac have shown they can score but not much else. So far it looks like Dipo is far and away the best perimeter player in this draft.

Zeller looks like he can be productive in this league but it is hard to judge the bigs since Bennett, Len and Noel are all injured.

Shabazz has looked just god awful so far.