Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

you guys are being way way to hard on Nicholson for all we know he's working on a specific move he's trying to improve on, instead of just doing the things he's comfortable with.

anyways even tho we lost the last 2 games i like what im seeing from our more important young guys, Oladipo can seem to get to the rim fairly easily, and harkless looks like a more confident player and i was really liking doron lambs play prior to the injury.

the fact that oladipo can score 22 pts on 7 shots, playing for the 3rd day in a row has me optimistic about his future for sure

I think AN himself would admit this has been a weak summer league for him. He has more turnovers (11) than rebounds (8) in 3 games and was caught napping for alley oops several times yesterday.

Again Nicholson looked like a steal on the offensive side but lately he is looking more and more like a daniel orton to me. You can't get lost on D and expect to play big minutes. Look at Osby the man just has heart and a want to play D, yeah he is fresh but seems to have more emotion. I think we will be seeing more of Death Ro once the season starts!

Does anyone think that maybe our coaching staff isn't developing the young talent like they should be? That maybe AN's regression (and it sounds like regression across the board for everyone not named Oladipo, even though I understand this is only Summer League), is a result of the Magic coaching and not AN himself? Just playin' devil's advocate here.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone think that maybe our coaching staff isn't developing the young talent like they should be? That maybe AN's regression (and it sounds like regression across the board for everyone not named Oladipo, even though I understand this is only Summer League), is a result of the Magic coaching and not AN himself? Just playin' devil's advocate here.

I don't think so, look at KO, he seemed to grow and improve. I think it has a lot to do with work ethic. Not doubting anyone's work ethic but maybe AN didn't put im a lot of work and got too comfortable in the off season. Coaching can only get you so far if you don't improve then you will be seeing a lot of bench.

I don't think so, look at KO, he seemed to grow and improve. I think it has a lot to do with work ethic. Not doubting anyone's work ethic but maybe AN didn't put it a lot of work and got too comfortable in the off season. Coaching can only get you so far if you don't improve then you will be seeing a lot of bench.

I also just think he is what he is. I do not think he has a very high ceiling and he may be very close to that already. The other guys all seem to put on noticeable improvements. with AN I just don't think he is that great a player, I doubt he will ever turn into much more than a 10-12 man on anything than a mediocre team where he may be a role player.

Not really. I just think Nicholson is what he is. He's not that athletic, which isn't going to change, and he's not exactly young (as in 20-21). Also both Harkless and Lamb have clearly improved their strength and agressiveness so I'm not sure why you feel everyone has regressed?

I also just think he is what he is. I do not think he has a very high ceiling and he may be very close to that already. The other guys all seem to put on noticeable improvements. with AN I just don't think he is that great a player, I doubt he will ever turn into much more than a 10-12 man on anything than a mediocre team where he may be a role player.

Great minds!

A low post player who needs the ball in his hands on offense to be effective is going to always be limited in Summer League because the games are horribly sloppy and everyone chucks like the ball is made of fire in Summer League.

• Upvote 3

So Oladipo's shooting a lot of free throws: anyone have stats on what % he's making them at? I seem to remember him being a very consistent, but not great, free throw shooter.

Nevermind:

What's been a bit tough for me to see is how poor Moe's shot still looks. Yes, I like how aggressive he's playing but his outside shot and FT% still look rough.

Here's a stats update: http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/magic/orl_stat_3.pdf