Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Latest Insider Info II

Guys, Soul Bro told us he has an insider, and until now, every statement made was correct.

Nothing is been told to the press from our front office, that's why there are no accurate articles about us talking to Maggette.

Soul, I would go to a beach, but it's winter here...

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I spoke to a beat writer friend of mine in NY and he covers sports up there. He said that Corey agent is looking for a team that will best showcase his client

No one should be surprised that the OS is lacking any really solid info. We have been saying for months on these boards that somewhere along the way, the OS beat writers lost status with the Magic organization.

John Denton of the Florida Today (he also does features for USA Today and ESPN) enjoys great rapport and access with the team. In all the Magic press conferences I attended last season, it was very clear that John Denton enjoyed "top dog" status.

Regarding the situation with Turkoglu, I side with the camp that thinks Turk is unlikely to go happily back to the bench after enjoying near All-Star status this past season. Of course, he may also want to win. It's very possible that a successful season (wins) in a 6th man role will not lower but will instead increase his value come contract time.

I agree Hedo won't happily go to the bench. He seemed to have somewhat of a ****y attitude late last season and made a lot of stupid plays. I wouldn't see him being okay with a bench spot.

Common sense tells us that Maggette wants guarantees. Turkoglu's shadow is hanging over the discussions you can be sure.

Meanwhile Maggette talks to the Spurs and other teams trying to get assurance that he will be their starter and get minutes like he received for the Clippers. I don't believe any team will be willing to do that.

On the negative side, I believe that Otis is uncomfortable with any one player taking the full MLE...so I question how hard he is trying.

We probably are not talking to Pietrus now because we are afraid that we would disturb the negotiations with Maggette. In my opinion, not a good move.

I don't think he will get a guarantee from us. SVG said that everyone has an equal shot to be in the starting 5. I think that's whats driving Corey out of here.

quote:
Originally posted by omagic133:

I don't think he will get a guarantee from us. SVG said that everyone has an equal shot to be in the starting 5. I think that's whats driving Corey out of here.

I do not think that is correct...

Corey will be just like Lewis, and become our instant starter at SG, to good of player not to be instantly inserted as starter....

Does anyone have any insider information? Soul Bro? Anybody?

After sleeping on it, I still think we can win a Championship without Maggette, especially if Dwight improves his free throws (that's all it takes Dwight!), but he'd definitely make things a lot easier.

you guys are crazy if u think u will get pietrus. don johnson already said he is top priority to resign him. he led the team to the ppayoffs and liked what he saw. maybe u can sign rashard lewis again for 1 billion dollars!

quote:
Originally posted by warriorsfan05:

you guys are crazy if u think u will get pietrus. don johnson already said he is top priority to resign him. he led the team to the ppayoffs and liked what he saw. maybe u can sign rashard lewis again for 1 billion dollars!

Post of the decade.