Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[O-Sen] Pietrus to get a call from Otis soon

quote:
Golden State forward/guard Mikael Pietrus, reportedly one of the free agents on the Magic's wish list, expected to receive a call from General Manager Otis Smith.

Bill McCandless, Pietrus' agent, indicated he expected the Magic to be among other teams to make offers for Pietrus, an athletic 6-6 defender and 3-point shooter.

Pietrus has long been the subject of trade rumors, and lost playing time in Don Nelson's offensive system last season.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/07/p...us-camp-ex.html#more

quote:
Golden State forward/guard Mikael Pietrus, reportedly one of the free agents on the Magic's wish list, expected to receive a call from General Manager Otis Smith.

Bill McCandless, Pietrus' agent, indicated he expected the Magic to be among other teams to make offers for Pietrus, an athletic 6-6 defender and 3-point shooter.

Pietrus has long been the subject of trade rumors, and lost playing time in Don Nelson's offensive system last season.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/07/p...us-camp-ex.html#more

yes ACTIVE. I think that is what angered most magic fans after the draft. not the fact that we choose lee, more that it seemed as though we did not try to do anything. this is good news and i hope we can sign one of these two and i am actually leaning more towards pietrus because of his defense. like someone said if we sign mag it is alot of offensive firepower but how much defense? and then we would be more tempted to trade turk and i rather not. but otis thank you for making some moves and at leasst picking up he phone.

Pietrus went on record a year ago that he wanted to be on the East Coast close to his native home in the off shore islands. Miami finished this past season in last place and aren't going to improve much this coming season so the appeal should be less.

I think this is a place that makes sense for him...IF HE IS A STARTER. He wants to show people that he is the real deal.

On another note, with the disappointing news about Brand, I believe Dooling will want to play in Orlando for the 3.6m he received this past season.

I like Pietrus but he is not a full MLE guy. I know everyong says he plays defense and can shoot but he is not a guy that gets to the line. IMO i think Maggette is the better all around player in is a full time starter incase we loose Hedo down the road. Pietrus makes more mental mistakes and I see him having trouble passing up a shot. Again I could be wrong.

1st choice

Maggette full MLE

2nd choic

Pietrus 2/3 MLE

K.Brown 1/3 MLE

Plus I think Maggette can play really good team defense.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

how is the news about Brand disappointing for dooling?

If Dooling were desiring to play in Miami as was earlier assumed...being his home town, he would be disappointed that Brand was staying with the Clippers.

It's nice to hear the Magic are contacting the free agents they can get. I think they should go after Maggette first and then Pietrus if Maggette opts for a different team. The only thing is that if Maggette keeps the Magic waiting, will it effect talks between the Magic and Pietrus? I hope it wouldn't but there are alot of teams interested in Pietrus.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

how is the news about Brand disappointing for dooling?

If Dooling were desiring to play in Miami as was earlier assumed...being his home town, he would be disappointed that Brand was staying with the Clippers.

gotcha. yeah, i wasnt getting the feeling that miami was in the running for brand this year, i heard next year. but thats out the window now. i think that miami, NY...still have interest in dooling.