Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

"Magic expected to offer Maggette the $5.8 million middle-class exception" (Povtak)

I'm reading hoopshype right now and here is the info.

GS is going to offer Arenas a max deal meaning Davis is out, probably so is Pietrus. They want to lock up Ellis and Biendrus so that is going to take a lot of money.

Philly is throwing their money at Josh Smith.

Brand is talking about going back to LAC and they are saying that they want to team Davis with Brand.

SAC is going to try and beat out GS for Arenas, they also want to try and resign Udrich. LAC could also go after Udrich.

Knicks went after Duhon with half of their MLE.

All of that info and nothing to speak of with anyone targeting Corey. If LAC throws all their money at Baron and we know that Sterling is cheap are they really going to give a lot to Corey? This also ties up the other teams with money to spend, and many teams are looking at the Lebron, Wade, Bosh summer as the one to clear space for.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I hope Maggette accepts because we can still offer the Vet Min to J. Will and make trades will JJ, Bogans, Cook... S&T's with Arroyo and Dooling

If we sign Maggette with the MLE, which I hope happens, then we only have a few million left to round out our team, before luxury tax level.

I think if we get Maggette, we will then re-sign Dooling, and then sign J-Will and Kurt Thomas to the vet min. because the league picks up half of those contracts.

All of this will put us right at the tax, with only trades left to happen of possibly Reddick and/or Bogans.

This would make us a very solid team.....

trade for Maggete is not so imposible. trade him for Nelson and bogans or dooling, maybe a draft pick too (second round). Then you can resign for maggete for around 8 mil. Then try to get ramon Sessiones of Milwakee and sign Duhon. Then sign some PF for the min or trade turk for a good one.

quote:
Brand and Maggette opted out of Clipper contracts on Monday, but Brand has expressed a strong desire to negotiate a new contract with the team. Finding a way to fit Davis, 29, into the franchise would make Brand

quote:
Originally posted by SladeRider:

He mentions Ramon Sessions from the Bucks in a trade or signing Duhon, which would cover the point guard situation.

When I'm king of the world, anyone who suggests a player is the answer in the NBA at a position after having one good game will be imprisoned for life without trial or parole. Seriously, enough about Sessions.

This is GREAT news!

If GS does sign Davis, it seems REALLY likely Maggette would come here.

I'm pumped up about this news!

All of a sudden, for the first time, I think it might actually happen!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Are there reports anywhere stating that Magette has been offered a contract by any other team?

Anybody?

Not that I've seen.

On a related note, who else even HAS money to offer him?