jack daniel 999

July 1st - What would you like to see

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

One name. One man. Kwame.

You are kidding aren't you????

not at all. that actually might become sig-worthy for me.

quote:

quote:

quote:

One name. One man. Kwame.

You are kidding aren't you????

not at all. that actually might become sig-worthy for me.

You know Rich, if Kwame could ever shake that lazy, uninspired and often immature type of individual, he has shown that he has a good skill set, and can do some things around the basket! He would be a better back up than Foyle, so that would be an upgrade! You may have something in this!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Wait a minute.

Can we sign free agents tommorow??? Or just talk with them?

Talk and agree hopefully. Sign July 9th.

Thanks

I know we all have great expectations, but I believe that nothing is imminent on the Magic way.

It's not like last year, when a lot of cap space make us very agressive on the market.

I read a lot of good names for the team in all the threads, but unfortunately this is not a NBA managerial videogame, and we tend to forget that there are 30 teams on the league, and all those names are on the mouth of probably 75% of those teams.

We also easily forget that for making a trade you have to give up something with value for the other team, and this is not always the case in the most of the offers I read about (not counting the ones that couldn't work under NBA rules)

So, I would be very surprised if we make a big move in the next few days.

quote:

You know Rich, if Kwame could ever shake that lazy, uninspired and often immature type of individual, he has shown that he has a good skill set, and can do some things around the basket! He would be a better back up than Foyle, so that would be an upgrade! You may have something in this!!!

That's actually the way I'm thinking, all jokes aside. If our options are limited and he's still around for cheap - I see no reason why he couldn't get a shot. If there's anything he's been praised for, its his defense. He's never been a great rebounder, but he might just grab enough to give D12 the help he needs. I also think he might be in the first situation in his career where the pressure isn't on him. He no longer is expected to live up to the number 1 pick and Michael Jordan's expectations. He's no longer playing under the bright lights in LA with Kobe Bryant. Maybe he can resume a decent career elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

we tend to forget that there are 30 teams on the league, and all those names are on the mouth of probably 75% of those teams.

If you are playing in Orlando Florida with a very young Dwight Howard can be sweet. (Especially if your family already lives here)

I am very upbeat. Good news is coming soon. Let's not forget that Dwight Howard can opt out of his 5th year and can be a free agent. We are going to get it done this year!!

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

does anyone know if corey maggette has opted out yet? i know he has to by midnight tonight if hes going to...

Smack alluded to it earlier in the day but I couldn't find it.